Chapter 2

i won't be able to upload chap 3 next week (we'll be having our semifinals exam T_T)...

i made this a bit longer for you guyzzz! hope you'll like it!

^_^

Chapter Two

DEADLINE

I was desperate.

I needed an angel or a demon, if there was any, who would love me and perform the ritual! But it was so damn hard to find an angel who would willingly do that because they knew I was a frontterra. I was a demon.

An enemy.

But I couldn't just give up. I had to fight for my life. I had to keep on hoping. I believe that someone was meant to love me the way Kira loved Analee. I just had to be patient and keep on looking.

I can't just die not knowing what it feels like to love and be loved for crying out loud!

"Lizzette, are you here?" said Kira who almost ripped open the door of the greenhouse. "Lizzette!"

Standing up, I glanced at Kira's direction who was frenetically surveying the place. "Let me guess... you lost your daughter again?"

He heaved a sigh. "I just went to the garden to look for Ely. When I came back to her room, she was gone and no one sees her get out of her room."

"Maybe she's on the rooftop again..."

"She's not there; Athrun had been there to look for her. Help me find her." He grabbed my hand and I felt like screaming. His touch was causing me pain. It was as if my hands were being burned and pierced by small needles at the same time.

Kira must have sensed my discomfort because he instantly let go of my hands. The expression on his face was full of remorse and it kills me. Damn! Now that he was a human and me, a demon, we can longer touch each other without causing me pain.

"Sorry," he mumbled.

Massaging my burned hands, I nodded. I left the greenhouse without glancing back at him because I knew he was staring at me as I walk away. I could not stand looking at his face. He blamed himself for everything that happened to me. I knew he felt sorry for me.

I do not want him to pity me or blame himself.

He kept on saying that he had never been a good brother to me. He did not regret saving Analee's life but he regret not being able to save mine. I had been trying to convince him that he did nothing wrong but he refused to believe on everything that I said.

After almost thirty minutes of searching for Lizzette, we all gathered in the great hall where Lizzette received the "sermon of her life". Athrun found her in the dungeon chasing her Clea, her pet cat.

It was Damien's fifth birthday. Lizzette and Damien's close human and angel friends were also there to celebrate his birthday. I was not supposed to be here but Analee pleaded for me to stay and it was so hard to say no knowing that she was pregnant with their third child.

"Why are you here at the corner?" Athrun asked as he leaned against the wall beside me. "Why don't you socialize with others?"

"I'm a demon."

"So?"

I gave him a wasn't - it - obvious look.

He smirked and I almost kicked him. "How could you find an angel who would love you if you wouldn't socialize with them?"

How did he know that I was looking for one? Was I that obvious? "And what made you think that I am looking for an angel who would love me?"

"Kira told me."