Chapter 10

Chapter Ten

STALKERS

“He will be okay now.”

Everyone relaxed.

When I came here, everyone looked distressed. Yelena was crying on Ely’s lap and Queen Margareth looked so pale. King Gavin was busy giving orders to the other angels to look after the frontterra who attacked his nephew. Even the house cleaners, who were humans, were waiting outside Athrun’s room.

The way they looked brought a new rush of fear in my chest and when I entered Athrun’s room, I felt my stomach slowly sinking in. He was lying unresponsively on his bed. His shirt was soaked in blood and there was a deep cut on his chest and no matter how hard the angels around him tried to cure it, the wound kept on opening.

Angels can never cure him because they had to suck out the negative or dark energies that the frontterra planted inside his body. They could not touch everything that had dark auras. Dark auras were for demons and good auras were for them.

That was the rule.

Athrun moaned and it called my attention. Whoever did this to Athrun, he must be as weak as Athrun was. The curse he used to weaken Athrun could weaken him too. That was the consequence a frontterra had to face that was why we rarely use that curse.

The curse could kill Athrun, but it could not kill the Frontterra who did this.

Athrun was already unconscious when I arrived so I immediately went beside him and sucked out all the negative energies that the frontterra planted inside his body. Once I had sucked them out, he stopped bleeding and the wound slowly closed.

That was the only time I truly relaxed. When Ethan appeared in my room and told me what happened to Athrun, I hid my panic and pretended that it was not a big deal to me. I acted unperturbedly and remained silent because it felt like there was a solid rock stuck inside my throat.

The one who did this to Athrun should make sure that our paths would never cross.

“Are you okay?” Kim asked. “You look so pale.”

I nodded. “I want to go home.”

“Thank you, Zena,” the queen said lovingly. She was about to hug me but Kim held up his hand to stop her. “Oh! I am sorry. I forgot that you are weak. Have a rest, sweetheart. Kim, please make sure she gets home safely.”

“I will, your highness,” he said with a bow.

“You do not have to do this,” I told Kim as we walked away and before we closed the door I looked at the king and said, “I will be back tomorrow. I need to know who did this to him. In addition, if ever you catch the frontterra, wait for me before you do anything to him. I have a few questions to ask.”

Everyone looked at the king. Maybe like me, they were not sure if the king would say yes. I was a frontterra and he was the archangel so there was no reason at all for the king to follow my instructions. I might have cured his nephew, but it does not mean that he had to obey my orders.

I should have used the word PLEASE.

“Have a rest,” he said composedly. “Come back tomorrow.”

I nodded in agreement before closing the door.

Kim and I went to my house, which was just a few blocks away from the castle quietly. That tine, the only thing that was in my mind was Athrun. Images of him soaked in blood and lying lifeless on his bed kept on flashing back in my mind.

When we reached the front door of my house, I shook my head to try to erase the awful images forming inside my mind. I should not show any weakness especially to Kim. I had to impress him all the time so that he will like me more.