Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

ASHLEY

I am so sorry, Zena.

That was the last thing he said to me before he left me alone in the garden. He left me grief-stricken… and crying. I wanted to stop him but my mind said that I should not do it and every inch of my body won’t move.

I was in total wreck when he left me.

But so what if he admitted that he love me? His love will do me no good. He said that he could not do the ritual for me so why should I go after him? Was not the only reason why I was desperate to look for someone who will love me was that I wanted someone to do the ritual for me?

I was not looking for the right person I was destined to fall in love but the right person destined to fall in love with me.

I should go after Kim and not Athrun.

And that was what I did last night. Instead of looking for Athrun, I went looking for Kim. Kim and I danced, ate and drank together. We talked about the people we know and the things that we like. We talked about almost everything… except Athrun.

He did not bring up that subject and I was glad he did not. As much as possible, I wanted to enjoy that party with Kim, Kira, Analee, and their children. I rarely go out with them so I decided to enjoy that night and forget everything about Athrun.

Athrun.

I missed him like crazy. It had only been three days since I last saw him and still I yearn for for his presence. Even though his touch could burn my skin, I still like the way his skin touches mine. Even though his words and actions could ruin my day, I still like the way his voice resound in my ear.

I like everything about him… I love him.

“Stay with me, Athrun…”  

************

“Zena?”

“Go away!” I growled.

“Please?” the angel whimpered.

Urgh! I hate it when she does that! I could imagine her pouting her lips with her eyes slightly glistening with tears! It was so hard to say no to her! I wonder how she could do that. I could use that technique to Kim.

“Come in!” I said in a resigned tone.   

Ashley sat beside my bed. “Have you seen Athrun?”

I shook my head, unable to answer. I could not believe it! Just the sound of his name made me shiver in mixed anticipation and anger! What more if he was standing here beside me and looking straight into my eyes?

I made the right decision of avoiding him.

But these past three days I had been nowhere but here in my room doing nothing. I just stretch out on my bed and wait for sunset to come. It sounds stupid, but since I do not know what broken hearted people should do, I just decided to hide in my room.

I did not cry; take note of that. I promised to myself that I would never cry for that same reason again. And besides, I was used of rejection. Though he did not totally reject me, the fact that he chose to push me away was enough kick the hell out of me.

“Hey, Zena!” Ashley called.

“W – what?”

“I asked you if you know where he is.”   

 “How could I possibly know?” I replied irately.

“Did he visit you these past few days?”