Chapter 1

Chapter One

THE GIFT

"Happy birthday, Zena!"

Kira placed the cake carefully on the table and winked at me. "Make a wish and blow the candles."

I groaned. I hate celebrating my birthday!

"Come on, making a wish won't hurt," he insisted.

"I'm going to die after fifteen years..."

"Don't say that, Zena," he snapped.

"We'll find a way..." Analee piped in.

Yeah, right! "Whatever."

Making a deep breath, I closed my eyes, made a wish and then blew the candle. It was my 35th birthday and I felt so doomed. Who would not be? I had fifteen birthdays left before I die. I was running out of time.

I had to find someone who would be willing to do the ritual. Oh, I forgot! I had to find someone who was IN LOVE WITH ME and would be willing to do the ritual. And there goes the problem. No one was in love with me.

No one wants me because I am a frontterra!

"Aunt Zena, aren't you happy?" Lizette asked.

I looked down at her and smiled. Lizette was Kira and Analee's daughter. She had her mother's blue eyes, blonde hair and pearly white skin. The only thing that she got from her father was craziness. Yes, definitely craziness.

This little girl in front of me could make all the humans and angels here in the castle insane. At the age of five, she climbed the walls of this castle and slept at the rooftop. Analee fainted because she could not find her. Kira went off his rocker because Analee was pregnant that time and he thought that she had a miscarriage when she fainted.

Thank God, Lizette's godfather, Ethan, was flying that time and saw Lizette sleeping soundly at the rooftop. Since then, Kira never let his daughter get out of his sight. If it was only possible to tie his daughter on his feet, he will surely do it.

Kissing the top of her head I said, "I'm happy, little Lizzy. Tell me young lady, did you behave when I was gone?"

She nodded. "I behaved because papa said mama is pregnant and we'll be having another baby."

Whoa! Analee was pregnant? That was great!

After giving birth to their second child, Damien, I thought they would never want to have another baby because Damien was a male version of Lizzy. Damien was worse though. With the angelic face that he got from his mother and green eyes from his father, no one would ever think that he could do nasty things such as pour flour on top of Athrun's head, which earned him a round of applause from me.

"Are you sure you are pregnant?" I asked Analee breathlessly.

Analee blushed and nodded. "I am one month pregnant and we want you to be the godmother."

"You want me to be the godmother of that child?"

She nodded again and I felt like hugging and kissing this blonde human in front of me. I was so exited! Analee was only one month pregnant and yet I wanted her to give birth tomorrow! I just wish it were a girl.

Kira sat beside his blooming wife and lifted the sleeping Damien away from her lap. "We also want Athrun to be the godfather. I haven't talked to him yet but I think he won't object if I made him our child's godfather."

I hope he objects.

"I wouldn't object..." said a deep voice that was coming from the kitchen.

Urgh! My stupendous enemy arrived!