::1::

Jealousy. It's an emotion Dream knows all too well.

Throughout high school, the man would constantly break hearts and ruin other people's relationships out of pure spite and jealousy. The amount of friends he's lost because of it is insane.

He knows he's a bad person, recognizes his problem, but simply doesn't care. He'll continue his bad habits until the end.

One person that has stuck with him through everything is Sapnap, his equally messed up friend, though in a much different way. Sapnap is a party animal that can't stay sober if his life depends on it, and him and Dream are childhood friends. Of course the two break hearts together, and even had their first threesome together with their friend's girlfriend at the time. A messy situation that ended poorly, of course.

It's safe to say that these are the campus assholes, and everyone knows it. This doesn't stop them from being extremely popular and getting whatever they want, though, especially Dream. As long as someone is on his good side, Dream is actually a decent person to them, so the blonde has many admirers.

Someone that is not on Dream's good side, though, is the new brunette art student. The first time Dream heard of him had been anything but pleasant.

"We have a new student joining us today. He's from England and is an art prodigy," Professor Smith says sweetly. "I would like everyone to give a warm welcome to George Davidson. He's new to college in America, and I understand that it must be difficult to make friends especially after the year had already started, so I trust that all of you will be nothing but kind."

The boy beside her smiles and gives a slight wave, obviously uncomfortable with all of the attention. Dream studies him and notices that, to put it lightly, this is the most gorgeous man he's ever seen. He finds himself gushing over some random guy he doesn't even know, and it's someone the teacher speaks so highly of, too.

So Dream watches as the brunette, George, walks to his seat in front of his easel. There's something about the way he walks—so pretentious, cocky almost—that Dream already can't stand. And the way he gives everyone around him a smile; God does Dream want to ruin that smile.

It's safe to say that this is hate at first sight. Well, perhaps he doesn't hate George yet—can you really hate someone you don't know?—but he strongly dislikes him. Envies him, to be exact.

So for days and days to come, Dream has successfully avoided talking to this boy. Still, he's stolen the spotlight off of him in many ways. People flock to his easel during or after class to see whatever he paints, and they've started hanging around George.

And the worst part of it, George doesn't pay any attention to Dream. After his little avoiding for the first few days, Dream tried his hardest to get the brunette to notice him, to say anything to him, but nothing has worked. The boy just seems to pretend as if Dream doesn't even exist.

This pisses the blonde off, to say the least.

"Woah there man, you look like you're about to kill someone," Sapnap says with a laugh, sitting next to Dream on the bench outside the art building.

The culprit of his death stare is no other than George. Dream watches as the perfect brunette sits across the path in his own world, painting something Dream doesn't care about. There's people around him, paying more attention to George than Dream, which pisses the blonde off.

And so, they have their first interaction.

Dream saunters his way over, completely ignoring his best friend. He pushes through the group of people surrounding George and finds himself standing in front of the brunette, arms crossed in front of him.