::17::

cw// slight smut

Dream wakes up to empty arms.

Looking beside him, he sees no trace of George, and he questions whether or not last night actually happened. He thinks that maybe he made it up to satisfy his dirty thoughts. Seeing the folded clothes George had borrowed makes him think otherwise, though.

Dream groans and clutches his head, sitting up in his bed. Memories of last night rush into his head and he feels lonely yet again. He had been expecting to wake up next to George like the last time.

Now he understands that he was a fool to think that.

George is confusing. He's not very expressive of his emotions, except for when he's drunk, so Dream never knows what he's feeling. It's frustrating since the blonde had become so infatuated with him. He figures this is the universe's way of giving him karma.

Dream jolts out of bed when the front door opens quickly and loudly.

"You assholes! I had to sleep in fucking Alex and Bad's dorm last night just because you bitches can't keep your dicks in your pa—"

Sapnap's angry rambling cuts off when he sees Dream sitting up in his bed, alone.

"Where's George?" Sapnap asks, and Dream wants to die on the spot.

"What do you mean?" Dream mumbles.

"I know you guys came back here last night to have sex. Did he already leave?" Sapnap asks, making his way to his own bed.

"Yeah," Dream says, not wanting to elaborate any further.

"But you just woke up," Sapnap says, obviously noting Dream's appearance.

"You must've just missed him," Dream says.

Sapnap frowns. "No, I was standing outside the door for a little while planning my entrance."

"You-" Dream sighs in frustration. "Fine, he left before I woke up. Lord fucking knows when he left, but all I know is that he clearly didn't want to wake up next to me."

Sapnap sighs as well and runs a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry man."

"It's fine," Dream says, when in reality, it isn't fine.

"You know what, we're going to go out today and have a great day. Fuck the men in our lives! Let's go around town, we haven't explored much," Sapnap says, standing up and making his way to his closet.

"I don't wanna do anything today," Dream complains, simply wanting to curl into a ball and and hopelessly cry over his decaying love life.

"Stop being a baby and get your ass up," Sapnap says. Dream looks at the time and notices that it's way too early to be arguing with his best friend, so he gets up and changes into casual clothes.

After the two of them finish getting ready, Sapnap practically drags Dream out of the room.

"Where are we going?" Dream asks while they walk around.

"Into town. We need costumes for tomorrow's party and I want to treat you to lunch," Sapnap says. Dream realizes that this isn't Sapnap's normal behavior, but he figures his friend will tell him if there's something wrong eventually.

"What are you going as?" Dream asks.

"Not sure yet. We have to step up our game though because we already pulled out all the stops from high school," Sapnap replies. Next thing they know, the two are at a party store, which is 100% Halloween themed right now.