::37::

Rehab hadn't been all too terrible for George.

In fact, he finds that he may have even liked it a little. Surprisingly, George made quite a few friends—or rather acquaintances, as one especially somber guest had claimed making friends in rehab is never good. Regardless, George had met a few people that helped him take his mind off the fact that he's been struggling.

George has had his discharge plans ready for a while. He hadn't told Dream yet, in case something abruptly changed, but is planning on going back the first week of April.

He's been made aware of the small dosage of medicine he'll be on to control his mood swings, as well as starting to make plans for the summer. Since he won't be able to stay at the college, he's not sure where he'll go just yet. He remembers Sapnap having offered his house for a while, but George doesn't exactly want to be a burden to anyone.

He decides he'll worry about it when the time comes.

Now, though, he's on his way back to Florida.

The plane ride is long and terrible, but it's worth it, George thinks. It's worth being able to see his boyfriend and friends again, and worth it to finally be able to attend classes in person.

He decides to just walk from the airport to college, using this time to think and prepare how he'll present himself. Does he go for a grand gesture? Sneak into Dream's room to surprise him? George doesn't know, he only walks until he's finally on campus. The two suitcases rest lightly in his hands—George finally has enough strength to carry both of them for such a long walk.

George decides to go to the common area, the one he would always paint at. There's a decent chance Dream will be here, but George isn't quite too sure. He takes his chances, though, beaming when he sees the blonde sitting peacefully in his usual spot, an easel in front of him.

"Thought I'd find you here," George says with a smile when he's finally right next to his boyfriend.

Dream's attention snaps to the side and his eyes widen, a bright and toothy smile forming. "George?"

"It's me," George says with a chuckle, watching the blonde stand up and eye him up and down in confusion.

"Are you real? Did I just dream you up or something?" Dream says, looking around. "I must still be asleep—oh God, I'm down bad."

"Dream," George giggles. "It's actually me."

Before Dream can respond, the brunette throws his arms around him and engulfs his body in a hug. Dream stands still for a moment, seemingly still a little dazed and confused, until he finally hugs back.

"George," Dream whispers into the hug. The Brit pulls back slightly to see him crying, and a frown quickly forms on his face.

"No, Dream, don't cry," George says softly, wiping his tears as they start to form in his own eyes.

"I didn't think you'd come back," Dream whispers.

"Of course I'd come back, I wouldn't leave you forever like this," George says with another slight laugh, hurrying his head in the crook of Dream's neck.

"Can we- can we talk in my room?" Dream asks through a few sniffles. George looks back at his discarded suitcases then at Dream again. "Or let's go to yours."

George nods and reaches for his suitcases again, to which Dream beats him to, dropping his own paint brushes and rushing to pick up George's bags for him. The Brit argues saying he can carry them and that Dream shouldn't leave his art supplies unsupervised, but Dream doesn't seem to care, simply walking ahead with a certain pep in his step that George smiles at.