Chapter 12 : Off to Atlantis

Hazel's POV

Hazel had never seen a pirate crew, or any crew for that matter, take apart a highly trained group of navy redcoats even remotely as quickly as Thalia's crew just had.

The sheer speed at which they had taken out all of the redcoats was so stunning, Hazel was surprised she hadn't gotten whiplash from it.

Now, Hazel understood why they called themselves the best crew, pirate or otherwise, on the planet.

Dakota and Gwen were two great leaders and were some of the most decorated redcoats in the current navy, with a good crew as well, but they'd been beaten within seconds by a bunch of chaotic young adults, who, only an hour before, had been sat in the dining room of their ship, teasing and insulting each other, laughing loudly as they did so.

"Hey, are you gonna get me down now?" Reyna asked, as they still hadn't un cuffed her from the mast.

"I don't know..." Thalia wondered aloud. "I mean, you weren't wrong when you said I like you in cuffs."

"One day." Nico muttered next to Hazel. "I just want one gods forsaken day, where those two don't talk like that."

Next to him, Percy chuckled and shook his head. "We both know that, unfortunately, that's never happening, Death Boy. There's a higher chance of you being nice to me."

"I've been nice to you before, Jackson." Nico fired back.

Percy chuckled again. "The last time you were nice to me was when I had a horrible injury and I barely survived."

"Isn't that like a normal Tuesday for us?" Piper asked.

Nico groaned, but nodded in agreement.

"Don't worry, Nico," Percy continued, slinging an arm around the much smaller boy's shoulder. "I know you don't show your love for me in different ways."

"Fuck off, Jackson." Nico growled.

"There it is, told you he loved me." Percy laughed, looking to Hazel, who was so dumbstruck by the fact that, just moments ago, they had taken our an entire navy crew, but were now back to their old, bantering selves, that she couldn't reply.

"Look, we can use the cuffs again next time we're alone, just please get me down, my arms are about to fall off." Reyna pleaded with Thalia, who seemed to be enjoying the situation.

It was almost funny how little Hazel truly knew about her old captain. She'd never seen Reyna plead with someone like that before, but she didn't mind.

She sort of preferred the more laid back, less demanding and less serious Reyna. It was a refreshing change.

"Hmmm, I don't know..." Thalia looked off into the distance, before looking back to Reyna. "Ugh, fine." She groaned as Reyna pulled of a set of puppy dog eyes that Hazel never thought Reyna would even be capable of doing.

"Never fails." Reyna chuckled as she was released from the mast.

"Well it's not my fault that your eyes look like dark chocolate, is it?" Thalia complained, throwing her hands in the air dramatically.

"Am I the only one who still isn't used to... that?" Leo asked, gesturing to Thalia and Reyna as they walked off.

"What? The fact that Reyna's dating a pirate, the fact she's dating someone, or the way she's acting?" Annabeth replied.

"If it's the last one, you should feel honoured." Percy commented. "Reyna being this comfortable with the constant physical contact with Thalia around you guys means she trusts you, a lot. You'll notice it when we get to Atlantis. She hates being touchy-feely in public."