Chapter 27 - It's been so long idek how to name chapters anymore

Annabeth's POV

23 days. It had been 23 days since they had left Atlantis, and they had left on anything but good terms.

Annabeth watched in despair as Percy slammed his head against his desk again, like he had every single night since they left the beautiful island.

She'd been watching over him ever since they left, having moved into his room and switched places with Jason, seeing as she was the only one who could calm him down.

Percy groaned loudly and rubbed his head. "You know... repeatedly banging your head against a table isn't going to help with that letter." Annabeth sighed, getting up off the couch and walking over to him, placing her hands on his shoulders.

"As dumb as I am, Wise Girl, I do know that." Percy sighed defeatedly. "I- I just don't know what to say. I knocked out half of the royal guards and fought against my father... there's no way I can apologise for all of that."

Annabeth hit him in the back of his head lightly. "Don't call yourself dumb, Seaweed Brain." She couldn't help but smile slightly at the thought of what had happened.

Not because it was a good thing that Percy and his father had gotten into a massive fight, but because Percy had taken on basically the entire palace by himself because they'd tried arresting her.

—————

Annabeth laughed as they sat in Sally's café once again, this time with Percy's mom, who was one of the most caring people Annabeth had ever met.

The fact she was telling a bunch of embarrassing stories about Percy was another reason she was a very fun person, though Annabeth feared Percy might actually turn into a tomato if Sally told one more story.

Suddenly, the door to the café burst open and two guards walked in.

Out of the corner of her eye, Annabeth spotted Percy's entire body tense up and his hand fly into his pocket, where she knew that he kept his trident.

"We have orders from the king to arrest Annabeth Chase." One of the guards declared loudly.

"Percy..." Sally's tone was warning, as if she knew what was about to happen.

"Leave." Percy growled. "NOW!"

"We have our orders. I'm sorry, prince." The other guard said.

In an instant, Percy shot forward and the two guards dropped to the ground, both getting the flat of Percy's trident against their heads.

"I don't think that was the best idea, Percy." Piper said.

"I don't fucking care." Percy sounded so genuinely angry Annabeth was almost scared. "That son of a b-"

"Finish that sentence, Perseus, I dare you." Sally interrupted him with a dangerous glare.

"Sorry mom, but if you think I'm not gonna knock down that entire palace, then you're wrong." Percy replied.

"Why did Poseidon suddenly decide that Annabeth was worth arresting?" Leo asked cautiously, probably fearing Percy would knock him out as well.

"Unless..." Reyna trailed off. "What if it's Neptune?"

"Oh for fuck's sake" Thalia muttered. "Please not him, he's such a dick."

"I'm sorry, are we missing something?" Jason asked, sounding slightly annoyed.

In truth, Annabeth was wondering the same thing, but thought that question may have been better if it was left for another time.