Chapter 26

Third Person's POV

"What are we going to do?" Gabriel Agreste mumbled as he called his hands into fists.

He can't lose his son. He just can't. He felt useless. He can't even call a doctor because he can't explain what's going on. He looked around his office in distress, as if the answer to his problems were written on the walls.

"Well, the universe is answering your demand. You should be happy." Emilie replied sarcastically, rolling her eyes at her husband.

Gabriel was sad but he was trying to cover it up with anger. He sighed loudly as he walked up to his wife, "Why don't you understand, hm? Why are you trying to blame everything on me?"

"Because it is your fault." Emilie gritted her teeth, "If you had just moved on, none of this would have happened in the first place!" She glared at him with pure hatred in her eyes.

Gabriel let out another sigh. This isn't how he imagined this day to go. He thought that the day he would reunite with his wife would be a joyous occasion, but here they are biting each other's heads off.

"You're right." The famous fashion designer mumbled as he sat on the floor in despair. "I am such a horrible father. I neglected my son for a long time just because I couldn't move on." Emilie's features softened at his state, she hasn't seen him like this in a while, "I put innocent lives in danger. I gave people sorrow just because I wasn't happy." He looked up at his wife, "You are completely right, Emilie. I shouldn't have dwelled on the past. I should have focused more on the present. And I'm only realizing that when I might lose my son."

Emilie cupped his cheek. She bent down beside his form that was still on the floor. She let out a puff of breath as she tried seeing things from his side, "It's okay. I understand what you must be feeling but you have to be calm. Let's do everything in our power to help Adrien. Right now, I am putting my full faith in that Marinette girl. She seems to know our son very well. I feel like she'll be able to help him." Gabriel nodded at her words.

They were all true anyway. He knew that. She embraced his form and patted his back in a soothing manner. She had a feeling that everything was going to be fine.

But, it was just a feeling.

Meanwhile, the teenagers stared at the gates of Adrien's house with curious looks on their faces. They really didn't understand why Marinette wanted them here.

"So," Kim piped up turning to Nino, "why did Marinette call us here again?"

"I honestly don't know, dude." Nino sighed rubbing the nape of his neck as he looked at all their expressions.

"If Marinette called us here, I believe it's for a good reason." Luka said confidently as Alya nodded in agreement.

"Well," Max said hesitantly, "let's head inside."

They all took a deep breath simultaneously and walked into the Agreste mansion.

Marinette paced back and forth waiting for her friends. They were taking so much time. Only the heavens know how long Adrien will last. She gazed at his pale sleeping form on the bed in anxiety.

As Marinette was deep in thought, the door to Adrien's room opened and Natalie stepped in. "They are here." She said in her usual lifeless voice as the teenagers stepped in.

Marinette smiled, happy to see her friends again. She ran towards them and gave them a group hug.

"Girl, you're squeezing the life out of us." Alya said as Marinette let out choked sobs.

They all suddenly had concern looks on their faces as they stared at the ravenette. "Marinette, what's wrong? Where's Adrien?" Luka asked with concern lacing his voice.