Chapter 13

Marinette's POV

I stared at the floor, which was hollow, and wondered if the painting and floor were connected somehow.

The security camera was still on and I needed to put it off if I ever wanted to return back to my normal size. I placed a finger on my chin and thought about the situation very carefully.

I snapped my fingers in realization, "I know how we can get in." I said to Tikki happily.

"How?" Tikki asked.

"We just need a little luck." I winked, "Mullo, Tikki, unify!" My kwami got sucked into my earrings and black polka dots appeared on my mouse costume. "Lucky charm!" I yelled as the magical ladybugs swirled above my head.

"A bird call?" I said as the object landed in my hand. I snapped my fingers as it was very obvious. I threw the bird call to one of my duplicates, who caught it, and I carefully opened the window. "Go." I commanded as she blew the whistle.

A swarm of birds flew in through the window and flew through the air. They landed on different parts of the office but one landed on the camera and it broke into pieces. "Yes!" I said gladly as I gave my duplicate a high five.

My duplicates ran towards me as I returned back to my normal size. "Shoo, Shoo." I whispered as I chased the birds out of his office. Once all the birds were out, I walked towards the painting. "Mullo, Tikki, divide." Tikki landed on my hand as I popped a cookie in her mouth.

"Thanks Marinette."

"No problem Tikki." I said as my hands felt the painting. As I rubbed my hand against it, I felt that some parts were uneven. It seemed like buttons. I pushed one but nothing happened. I pushed two but nothing happened. "Hmm..." I hummed as I pushed all the buttons.

The ground suddenly opened up and I fell in. Well, not actually fell in, it was more of an elevator.

"He has a lot of secrets, huh?" My kwami of creation said as our eyes moved around our surroundings.

It was dark, really dark. But as the elevator descended, there was a little bit of light. I walked out of the elevator and walked across a long bridge. As I got closer to the light, I saw little shrubs with white cocoons attached to them and there was a big case in the centre of it all.

As I got closer to the case, I was frightened at the sight. "Emilie Agreste? Adrien's mother? She's alive?"   I asked out loud.

"I don't think she's alive." Tikki pointed out.

"But....but she's breathing." I said as I saw her chest rising and falling. "Maybe she's in a coma?"

"Marinette, look." My red spotted kwami squeaked, directing my gaze to a huge circular window. I tiptoed to the window and as I took my last step, butterflies rose from the ground. They didn't actually fly away, they just seem to flutter around me.

"I don't need any more proof to know that he's Hawkmoth." I whispered to myself as I tiptoed as quietly as I could towards the elevator.

Just then, the elevator moved upwards. I stared at it in shock as I saw a figure coming down through the elevator, my only means of escape.

I ran to a corner and hid as my miraculous beeped and I detransformed. The mouse kwami landed on my hand as I fed it a cookie. "Eat quickly."

I peeped out of my hiding spot and spotted a furious Gabriel Agreste and his assistant close behind him. Does she know? Is she part of the villains?

"Someone was in my office!" The fashion icon yelled as he stomped towards his wife's casket.

"Sir, I'm very sure that I locked the doors before going to bed." Natalie quivered as Gabriel stared at his not-so-dead wife.