~Battlefield Part 2~

Leila's POV

After Scott's shift, I dropped Scott off at the school so he could get ready and warm up for the game. After I dropped him off, I went home to change.

I was about to grab my phone when mom knocked on the door

I was about to grab my phone when mom knocked on the door. "Hey" she said shyly.

"Hi" I said. "Are you going to the game?" she asked me nervously. "Yeah. I just had to change and I was gonna go now. Do you wanna go?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, I want to support Scott, since I haven't been the best mom to you or him" she admitted.

I shook my head, "No, mom. We understand that it was hard for you to take this all in and we knew you needed time."

"Okay" she said before giving me a hug which I accepted.

After that, we drove to the school. We went into the locker room because mom wanted to see Scott before the game. We stood by Stiles when Coach came out with a megaphone.

"Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will be joining others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind" Coach said.

"Oh God" I groaned as Mom looked at me in confusion, "What?"

"Mankind - that word should have new meaning for all of us today" Coach continued.

Mom looked to Stiles and I, "What the hell is he talking about?"

"He does this every year" Stiles told her. "Seriously?" she asked.

I nodded, "He tried doing it for the soccer team at state, but my coach sprayed him with a spray bottle."

"We are fighting for our right to live" Coach said making the lacrosse team cheer, "Yeah!"

"Wait, is this?" Mom asked as I nodded and Stiles answered, "Yeah, it's the speech from Independence Day."

"But as the day the world declared in one voice -" Coach said as Stiles told mom, "It's Coach's favorite movie."

"We will not go quietly into the night!" Coach exclaimed.

"He doesn't know any sports speeches?" Mom asked. "I don't think he cares" Stiles told her.

"Today we celebrate our Independence Day!" Coach finished making the team cheer before Gerard came into the locker room. Mom tensed up and I held her hand to calm her down.

"Well spoken, coach. I might have chosen something with a little more historical value, but there's no denying your passion. And while I haven't been here long, there's no denying my pride in having a winning team for this school. I know you'll all be brilliant tonight, even with only one co - captain leading you. Now, I'm your principal, but I'm also a fan. So don't think I'll be content to watch you merely beat this team. Get out there and murder them" Gerard said.