𝗔 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝘅|| Chapter 2

The shop's owner went behind the cashier and, with a nod of his head, that made me understand to follow him and I stood in front of the cashier. He had reached down to get something.
I, because of my small stature and also because of my curiosity, I stood on tiptoe and looked out trying to peek, without making me notice too much, what he was looking for. When he got up he was holding a box in his hand, it was purple and there was nothing written on it about the contents inside the box.
The shop's owner handed it to me. <<M-Excuse me... what-?>> I was about to ask but he interrupted me, shaking his hand in a friendly way <<Take it and open it.>> he said, with a smiling look.
That box was creepy enough, but at the same time not much. That situation was starting to scare me. I wanted to drop everything I had in my hands and run away, towards my house and not go back to that shop, to that weird man.

But no, I didn't.
My curiosity had taken over.
I took the purple box he was holding in the hands of the man in front of me and looked at it carefully. I looked up at him and he did the same, looking at me, and nodding, as if to urge me to open it. I took courage and started opening it. If there was something horrible like a pervert's toy or some dead bird (as I sometimes did at school), I would throw it away, scream and run away in fright. But it was none of that, only my worries made me scared. I took out the contents of the box.
It was a small action figure of Kokichi: he in miniature, sitting cross-legged, his tiny head was slightly bent to the right, he had a smiling toothy gaze, he was wearing his usual white suit and checkered tie. He was small, he could have been at least 9 cm tall. I went even closer and noticed that the eyes, the mouth, the hair and everything was done perfectly.
I had never seen this action figure for sale anywhere, and it looked really new.
<<You have never seen it because we only have it in this shop>> he said so, as if he had read my mind and seemed to be very happy, from his facial expression.
I continued to look at the small statue, also observing every little detail that existed <<It is... really beautiful. I admit it.>> I slowly putted the action figure back in the box and closed it <<Maybe next time I'll come and buy it.>> I had no intention of going back in there, not anymore. I would buy my beloved manga and never set foot in there again.
<<Oh no, take it as well>> he pushed it towards me <<it's free gift.>> I couldn't believe it. I held back a sigh and did not hesitate <<Thank you... >>. I paid and left there, while the man greeted me and recommended that I return more often.
I nodded, lying and knowing I wasn't going back there again.

During the journey I kept keeping the manga in the plastic bag that the owner had given me with my two new mangas inside, while I held the box with Kokichi inside close to me.
I was so happy I got that little statue, that I never wanted to leave it. I am not a person who is fond of objects, but that was truly the best gift I had ever received.

I went home, and my parents said 'welcome back' while they were on the sofa watching a movie, not giving me too much attention. They had never done it because they always were too busy. And when they were not, they tried to relax together.

I immediately ran to my room and took Kokichi out of the box. It had a black base with two horizontal parts, so that I could keep the little statue standing. When I putted it on, I putted it all on my bookcase where I had various figurines for a while.
I put it a little further, so that I could see it better. I was so happy to have it, I didn't think there was a little statue with my all-time favorite character.

Then I crawled into my bed, yawning.
My cat Kay, black and white, came up to me and sat on my belly and fell asleep too.
I caressed him as I looked at the white ceiling in my room, still thinking about the figurine on my bookcase next to me.
'I wish he was a real person', I thought, daydreaming.
Then I fell asleep.