𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀 || Chapter 5

I began to organize myself as best I could.
I couldn't leave a purple-haired lying leader walk around my house, so I decided a few of thing to respect: he would sleep on a futon next to my bed, he couldn't leave my room when my parents were home and he could only leave the house if I was together to him.
Besides, I should have bought him some new clothes. He couldn't wear the same clothes for days. So I should have gone out and bought something for him.

As soon as I got back from school, I found my mother with her back turned in the kitchen while she was cooking something in the stove.
From the smell I could smell it was chicken. When she turned, she smiled at me <<Good morning Rika, how it went to school today?>> she asked as she putted the chicken on the table already set. I liked when my mother was at home and gave me attention, not often.
She was always too busy with work, even dad was like that. But sometimes they were kind.
<<Nothing important, a boy blew up an experiment in the science room.>> I shrugged, and after a while my dad joined us at the table. They had worked in the morning so they had the afternoon free.
My father was a Laboratory Manager (he administered all the aspects that make the laboratory where he works) and my mother was a primary school teacher.

After lunch I ran to my room, placing my school backpack on the floor. I closed the door, noticing that he wasn't there. I looked around whispering <<Kokichi?>> I insisted <<Kokichi where are you?>>.
After a while, a door of my closet opened as two purple eyes looked at me. Then the purple-haired came out of there <<Your closet is a mess, your clothes too>> he said, throwing me a sweatshirt all wrinkled. I grabbed it before it hit the floor <<Thanks Purplehead>> I answered ironically.
He whined <<Purplehead, grape boy and shortie! All nicknames you gave me!>> then he pouted and started to cry, it was obviously a fake cry <<WAAAH BAKA-CHAN IN SO MEAN TO ME!>>.
Suddenly I covered his mouth with one hand, while I hoped my parents hadn't heard him <<Don't scream! You know my parents are downstairs!>> I whispered as I scolded him. It was difficult to live with him, especially since he was noisy and did nothing but lie.
Kay, who had recently woken up after a long nap, got up and got out of bed while rubbing against Kokichi's legs. When the purple-haired boy noticed him, he reached down and patted his head as the little kitty purred. <<See? You are the only one who is treating me badly!>> said the supreme leader as he picked up my cat. I sighed and Kay continued purring on the supreme leader.

In the afternoon I started doing my homework, I hated the afternoon when I had to study physics and mathematics. I sat at my desk and had headphones over my ears to listen to music, hoping to concentrate better.
And I started studying, but obviously it couldn't be all that simple. Kokichi started to poke my cheek with his finger as I tried to bear with him <<What are you doing? What are you reading?>> I sighed as he moved me slightly to read all those numbers scribbled on my notebook <<How boring!>> and Kay meowed as if to make it clear that she agreed with the boy.
I tried to ignore them and continued studying, but ended up with Kokichi whining and rocking in a chair while my kitty lay down on my books and fell asleep. <<Come on let's do something interesting!>> Kokichi patted my shoulder and I sighed, as a sign of surrender.
Then I got up <<Okay okay let me prepare, let's go out.>> I said and then take a smaller backpack and put some necessary things inside.
<<Finally! Let's go!>> he said with his usual childish voice, but I stopped him before he could go out the door. I grabbed him by the arm <<My parents are in the kitchen, so we have to be careful.>> and Kokichi nodded.

Slowly we went down the stairs and stopped. At the end of the corridor, after the kitchen, was the front door. I peeked into the kitchen for a while and noticed my parents busy drinking coffee while they talked about something.
Kokichi tiptoed to the door, and I followed him. Then I took the keys and slowly opened the door, hoping the lock wouldn't make too much noise. And slowly we managed to get out, without my parents noticing.

<<Ooooh baka-chan is such a bad girl!>> kokichi teased me <<She leaves the house without her parents knowing~>>. I sighed and shrugged <<It's not the first time, and then they trust me. Just they won't trust me if I go out with a fictional character>>.
We walked together on the sidewalk to go to town, it took at least five minutes on foot. He put his arms behind his neck <<Sooo... where are we going?>>.
I pointed to a shop <<Clothes for you>> I answered while he gasped.
<<But it's boring!>> he told me, sighing <<Shopping is always boring!>>.
<<You can't wear your usual clothes for days, little gremlin.>> I said, teasing him with a new nickname and he looked at me <<A new nickname? Stupidhead.>>
<<Short boy>> I continued.
<<Nerd>> he said in turn, laughing. And together we went into the shop to find some clothes for him.

I had offered him various clothes that I thought really fit him, but he declined all my choices saying it was not his style. And I honestly didn't really know what style he had. Besides, it was quite difficult to choose clothes as people watched him and whispered something about his hair and current clothes.
While I was looking at some shirts for him, I noticed that he was mesmerized by looking at the checkered pants. I approached to him <<Do you like them?>> I asked and I observed them too, they weren't really bad.
He nodded and took them, and I took a black shirt that could match with.
After he changed into the dressing room, he pulled back the curtains and showed himself to me. I didn't have to admit it, but he was so cute dressed like that. He was really handsome.
<<It reminds me of my secret evil organization, nishishi~>> he laughed as he looked in the mirror.
<<Well it is no longer secret, since I am now aware of it.>> I joked about it. He gasped, like a small child <<Right! Well I think I should kill you now!>>.
"Like he said to Shuichi" I thought, and smiled. <<Why do not you let me join instead? >> I proposed <<I will not tell anyone about your secret organization, promised.>>.
He seemed to think about it for a second <<We'll see, nerd>> he smirked and teased me with his nickname. But before I could say anything, he closed the curtain and changed his clothes again.
I didn't think I could admit it but spending time with Kokichi, the fictional character came true, was really fun.