𝗜𝗰𝗲 𝘀𝗸𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴|| Chapter 10

It had been a month since my parents discovered Kokichi and finally got used to his presence. As they had established, Kokichi helped my mother and father, he didn't bother them when they were busy. An extra seat had been added at the table so that Kokichi could eat with us. I think it was a good thing that they found out, it seems my parents enjoy his company. As for Mrs. Wong, we started ignoring her even though she kept insisting that it was not a good thing for me to spend my time with a boy.

My mother and Kokichi returned from the supermarket, and I helped them sort out the food they had bought. <<I have to go to school>> the woman announced, grabbing her bag <<I have to meet with the other teachers. I'll be back around dinner time.>> She quickly stroked my hair, nodded to Kokichi, and then left. My father was outside in the car waiting for my mother. As soon as she got in, my father started the car and they drove away. When they left, I turned to the purple-haired boy who was smiling innocently <<Baka-chan why are you looking at me like that? You look like a fury.>> I could not help a sigh <<You are too quiet since you returned, what have you stolen?>> I asked looking at him from top to bottom. Kokichi, as he had already told me in the past, was a very good thief. He and D.I.C.E. not only did they play pranks on anyone, they were also skilled thieves. I had no doubts, because he once stole money from my piggy bank. He raised his hands, as if I were able to arrest him <<I did not take anything! I'm serious!>> he said as sincerely as possible. But I didn't fall for it. It was Kokichi Ouma, come on, he could lie to me at any time. <<You can check in my pockets, you know you will not find anything.>> he then said.
I was 100% sure I wouldn't find anything, so I put my hand under his checkered scarf. He blushed violently, and I even felt as if he had choked on it. Almost surprised. In the meantime, I found something, and then pulled it out of there. It felt like paper to the touch, perhaps glossy paper. It was two tickets to my country's skating ring.
Before I could speak, he accused me <<Pervert!>> he said and then tighten his scarf. I blushed at his statement <<No I'm not! I knew that you had hidden something there, I was sure of it.>>
<<Well in that case I didn't steal them.>> he defended himself <<I bought them for the two of us.>>
<<Oh? Really?>> I raised an eyebrow and asked suspiciously.
<<Yes, it's the truth.>>
<<Where did you get the money from?>>
<<Your mother gave them to me.>>
<<And why would you have bought them?>>
<<Because you know that I care about you.>>
I looked at him from top to bottom, without saying anything. Then he sighed in surrender <<Damn, you're good at finding out when I tell lies. Okay okay, yes I stole them from a guy in the supermarket.>>
I held back a smile for the satisfaction of having discovered it. Then he said <<I didn't lie about taking them for us two.>>
<<Well I will not come with you, with stolen tickets.>>

And in the end I really went there, he forced me to go.
When we went we found some people intent on buying skates, others skating and still others entering the rink. I had never gone to an ice rink, and I could only stand there and admire.
After we bought the skates (obviously with money Kokichi had stolen from my wallet) and we putted them on.
<<Kokichi I don't know how to skate and I don't even know how to do it.>> I told him, warning him that I would probably surely fall.
He turned to me <<No problem, I'll teach you.>> he said with a very confident voice. I looked at him worriedly, as he took my hand and then entered the track. I followed him in my turn trying not to fall, while I held on tight to his hand.
<<Oh come on, are you really so afraid just of some ice?>> he asked laughing as he looked at me.
<<No, I'm afraid of falling because of you.>> I staggered, and then fell to the ground with my knees.
Ouch, my knees started to hurt but I knew I wasn't going to start bleeding. The purple-haired boy started laughing as he held out a hand to get me up. I grabbed it as I blushed, as most people had their eyes on me.
<<Okay then first of all look in the direction you are skating and do not look at your feet.>> Kokichi told me, moving away from me a bit, while I was keeping my balance. I tried to do as he told me. <<Skate slowly. Shift the weight on your right foot, placing the left one a little further back, then give a light push with the left foot, sliding slightly forward with the right one.>> he told me showing me how he did it. He pushed with his left foot and then slipped onto the other, and repeated the action several times. When he motioned to me, and I knew it was my turn, I tried to imitate him.
'Push, push, slide' I kept thinking as I looked towards him. I was able to skate towards him slowly, even if a little I had the sensation of falling. When I got to him, the purple-haired boy smiled and clapped his hands happily.
<<See? I'm a great teacher>> he said boasting, with a smirk. I nodded and blushed slightly <<Yes, I can't deny it.>> I said.

Slowly he taught me to go faster and even more to brake. Of course, I fell many times, but in the end I understood the technique.
By now I knew how to pedal, and Kokichi and I skated side by side. Even being close enough, I could smell his perfume. An unique one, a mix with panta. It was really weird, but I liked it.
But I couldn't tell him, I couldn't make him understand.
I was hoping that moment would last forever.