𝗥𝗮𝗶𝗻|| Chapter 15

The party ended really late and I got back home at 2.04 AM. I was worried that my parents would get at me but, when I came back, they were not there.
I just found Kokichi on the couch who was watching the TV.
When he heard the door closing, he turned around <<Welcome back.>>.
<<Hi, my parents?>> I asked while looking around.
<<They went out, I don't know when will they come back.>> he answered and I sat down next to him, I took off my shoes and I sighed.
The purple haired boy looked at me and turned off the TV <<Tell me about the prom, how was it?>>.
<<Well it was normal. There were a lot of couples that were dancing, some people drinking and other more were chatting. The music and the food were nice.>>
<<And with who did you dance?>> he asked and I looked away.
<<I don't like to dance, also no one invited me. But I am not sad.>>
Kay just jumped on the couch while rubbing his head against my head.
Then I suddently saw Kokichi stand up, and I looked at him confused <<Huh?>>
<<Look, it's raining.>> he pointed at the window. I looked out and it was true, I didn't even realize that.

Then I saw Kokichi opening the door and walking out.
What?
<<No no ehy Kokichi, you will get sick!>> I stood up and I followed him outside. Then I felt the rain falling on me, on my arms, on my back. I shivered. I grabbed the umbrella ans I walked to the Supreme Leader, opening it on his head. But he looked at the sky amazed, like he never saw the rain.
<<Kokichi are you crazy? You will get a cold!>> I said worried, pulling him close to me.
<<Hey Rika, tell me, are you happy now?>> he said, like he did not hear me. I looked at him confused, why was he asking me that right now?
<<What?>> I asked still confused.
He turned to me, smiling a lot <<Are you happy?>>
Since I met Kokichi, my life turned better: I started to have more fun, I started to understand more my feelings and myself, I started to socialize more with my friends, I started to spend more time with my parents.
Of course I was happy.
<<Yes I am, why are you asking?>> I asked to him. He was still smiling. He looked so beautiful like that, he looked like he was the most happiest person on the world.
<<My mission is complete then>> the Supreme Leader said, still ignoring what I was saying.
His face and hair were really wet, his clothes as well but he looked like he did not care.
<<What are you->> I was about to ask what he meant but he cutted me off.
<<Listen, there is something I did not tell you. But there is not so much time left.>> he started to say and I got scared. What the heck was he saying?
<<Kokichi don't joke on it. Don't say bullshits.>> I was starting to get nervous and to get scared. I knew he was not joking, he was not lying. He was hiding something.

<<Rika...>> he said <<...we will not see each other again.>>.
Then, my world fell apart.
I felt just the rain getting aggressive, while my back shivered because of the cold.
It was not possible right?
He was not a real person but he was still here.
<<You are leaving?>> I asked. I wanted to ask "Are you leaving me?" but I felt it  a bit too drammatic, even if I really wanted to ask it.
He looked a bit away but then he looked back at me <<Yes, but it's not because of you. It's because my mission is complete.>>
<<Kokichi which mission are you talking about?>> I was getting mad and nervous, I didn't want him to leave.
<<It's complicate to explain but...>> he sighed <<...you will understand it when I will be gone. It will be fine.>>
In that moment I started to cry, really hard. I just left mg umbrella nad I hugged him tightly. I felt like he took something away from my body, I felt pain, sadness and anger at the same time.
The purple haired boy hugged me back, stroking my hair <<Don't cry...>>
<<How am I supposed to do not cry?>> I raised a bit my voice, hugging him more and more. Then I didn't realize he was disappearing.
When I looked at him, he was trasparent. I still could see him, but he looked like a ghost.
<<Please stay...>> I begged, grabbing on his shirt. The rain was getting me wet and I was getting cold. Everytime Kokichi hugged me, I felt warm and protect. Now I felt cold and weak, even if he was still hugging me. But now he was leaving.
<<I promise, you will be fine Rika.>> he said calm <<You are the most beautiful and smart girl I have ever seen in my entire life. If I could, I would stay with you forever, annoying you every day, talking with you every night and comforting you where and when you need.>>.
Then he looked away, like he felt something. Maybe he felt that his time was ending in a pair of seconds <<I have to go now...>> .
I was still crying, I could not see him clearly but he was still there. I could feel it.
<<I am sorry if I am not real.>> he said. I felt him voice being weak. He was sad, just like me.
I tried to speak, still hoping he was still with me <<I am sorry that I am real.>> I rubbed my eyes for the rain and even for the tears.
But when I opened my eyes, he was gone.

It's not simple to say goodbye to someone.
I was not ready, and he was not as well.