2

"In this endless darkness like

Oh my god, so holy"

- tomorrow x together , 0X1=LOVESONG (i know i love you)

yeonjun's father passed away when yeonjun was in middle school. his father has been diagnosed with heart problems early on in yeonjun's life, so frequent hospital visits were normal to yeonjun, however, one hospital visit ended being his last. yoenjun's father was going to the hospital for his weekly check-up, crossing the road that led to the hospital entrance, when the world started spinning. the tight feeling in his chest getting heavier and heavier, he fell to his knees, he was unable to hear the panicked screams of the passersby, as if his ears were clogged by water. he collapsed, the world went black.

the people nearby started shouting for help, calling the hospital staff that were nearby to help the man who collapsed in the middle of the road. the hospital called yeonjun's mother, informing her that her husband had a heart attack in the middle of the road and that they were operating on him as they were speaking. his mother quickly shouted for yeonjun to get ready, for they were going to the hospital to see his father.

they sped to the hospital, almost getting caught for speeding. the mother and son barged into the hospital, yeonjun's mother shouting at the staff, asking if her husband was okay. a doctor walked in with a solemn face, motioning for them to head to a private room. the doctor informed them of the death of yoenjun's father, both yeonjun's and his mother's hearts sank to their stomachs, not wanting to believe the news that they were hearing.

his father was his role model, his hero, the only one that really supported him. his mother was always working, being the ceo of her own company, most of her time being spent in the office, unable to be there for her son 24/7. his father on the other hand, had a desk job, being the secretary for another big company. though he also had a busy schedule, he tried his very best to be around his one and only son, his happiness.

even if his heart problems hindered him, he always put up a happy facade whenever he was with yeonjun, he didn't want his son to think that he was always in pain, even though he was. the bond that yeonjun shared with his father was stronger than any bond he had with anyone else. they were inseparable, they did everything together. when his mother would lock him in the study room so that yeonjun would study for hours on end, his father would sneak him out and bring him to the ice cream parlor nearby.

when yeonjun heard that his father passed away, he felt the life drain from his body, a teardrop flowed down his left cheek, a few tears turned into several, flowing down his cheeks, sobs echoed the room, his mother tried her best to comfort her son, but even she was having a hard time accepting the reality.

yeonjun was never the same after that, his life fell into shambles, he barely had the energy to go to school, or even to take care of himself. his mother may have looked like she was put together, but she was just bombarding herself with work so that she could distract herself from the harsh reality. she barely stayed home, coming to shower and change into new clothes then heading back to the office. yeonjun rarely saw his mother, he never could talk to his mother since she would never look at him because yeonjun looked almost exactly like his father.

when he needed her the most, she wasn't there. yeonjun had to be homeschooled after being diagnosed with depression when he turned fifteen, his therapist was the only one he talked to. his childhood friends tried talking to him, but yeonjun would respond dryly, exhausted from life itself. yeonjun probably only saw his mother thrice a month, at most, giving up on expecting her to come home. during his last year of highschool, his mother came home at around noon, which shocked him since she usually comes home late at night, and she came home with a man this time.

his mother told him that the man was mr. shim, her boyfriend and that they have been seeing each other for almost a year. yeonjun stared at her in disbelief, the one time he sees his mother, she tells him that she has found someone new to replace his father. how could she?

mr. shim met his mother at a meeting since he worked at another company that would be working with his mother's company. mr. shim is a single father, his son, jake, was about 14 years old, 4 years younger than yeonjun. his mother asked if yeonjun was fine with this, expecting him to start shouting at them, crying, anything, but he just stared at them with a blank face, too disappointed and emotionally exhausted to get mad.

"i don't care. at least you moved on and replaced dad. nice to meet you, mr. shim." he said monotonously, going back up to his room without saying anything else.

yoenjun's mother and her boyfriend, now yeonjun's step-father, got married after yeonjun graduated from highschool and told him that they were planning to move to australia as a family, his mother, mr. shim, yeonjun, and jake, since mr. shim used to live there until jake turned 8 years old. yeonjun said that they can move there, he had no plans of moving with them since he wanted to stay in south korea for college, away from his mother and mr. shim. yeonjun actually had no problems with jake, he was a good kid that got along with yeonjun, happy with being his new older brother, it was just the fact that his mother replaced his biological father didn't sit well with him.

yeonjun just watched as his new 'family' walked through the entrance of the airport, leaving him behind to finish his studies. he felt a pang in his heart when he saw them looking like a happy family, his mother, mr. shim, and jake, yeonjun not included in the picture. he knew the moment that they planned on moving to australia, he had already been put aside, and he accepted the fact that he was, since he already saw it coming.

✩