8

"I know it's real I can feel it"

-tomorrow x together , 0X1=LOVESONG (i know i love you)

yeonjun woke up to the sound of the doorbell ringing nonstop, his eyesight still blurry as he was still processing the sound. he slowly walked down the stairs, checking the front door security camera, not expecting anyone to visit him. he was taken aback when he saw his family outside of the front door, his mother telling him to open the door.

"choi yeonjun, open the door, we've been standing here for a while. i know you're in there." his mother spoke to the security camera, the microphone picking up her voice.

he opened the front door, his family entering the house and leaving their shoes by the door. yeonjun was stunned at their sudden appearance, expecting them to still be in australia. his mother did not inform him about visiting south korea, surprising yeonjun when her, mr shim, and jake, showed up in front of the door.

"mom, what are you guys doing here?" yeonjun questioned his mother, wanting an explanation for the sudden visit. "did something bad happen?" he asked, wondering if something tragic happened for them to come back.

"do we need to see you only during a tragedy?" mr shim scoffed, baffled by yeonjun's question. "hon, we can't blame him since we came here unannounced." his mother told her husband, not wanting an issue to stir. "we were able to have a family vacation so we decided to visit you!" his mother said, happy to see her son for the first time in months.

"it was jake's last day of school last week and he said that he wanted to see you. aren't you happy to see your brother?" she asked yeonjun, wanting to see some kind of reaction from him. "it's great to see jake again, but it's exam month. i won't be able to spend time with you guys because i'll be studying." yeonjun said with a monotonous tone, informing them of the exams that will take place that month.

"i can't believe you, yeonjun. we haven't seen you in months." mr shim huffed out, tired of yeonjun's mannerisms. "your little brother has been dying to see you and this is how you treat him? making such dumb excuses so that you can avoid us. 'exam month'? what the hell." he ranted on, wanting to shout at his step-son but containing his anger.

jake stared at his father, confused at his sudden outburst. he wanted to back up his step-brother so he said, "dad, you're being unreasonable." jake slowly told his father, "i have a friend from south korea and he said that the universities are having their exams this month." he informed them, not wanting a fight to erupt. "cut yeonjun-hyung some slack, he needs to study hard for his grades. and we all know how hard the exams are here." jake defended his brother.