3

"From the tip of my fingers

Everything runs far away"

- tomorrow x together , 0X1=LOVESONG (i know i love you)

yeonjun laid in his bed, curled up in a ball as he wept alone. he hated himself, he hated what he did, what he went through, life in general, he hated the world, and the world hated him too. he firmly believes that he must've done something bad in his past life to be punished like this.

he dragged himself out of bed, trying to do something productive for once. he sluggishly walked to the window, pushing aside the curtains for the first time in a long time, letting the sunlight enter his room. he bent down to pick up one of the picture frames that was near the window. he looked at the photo and nostalgia filled his body, it was him and his girlfriend, now ex-girlfriend, at their college graduation months ago.

kang nabi was yeonjun's first love. they met in his first year of college when one of his friends, soobin, introduced the two to each other, both of them majoring in the medical field, yeonjun wanting to be a nurse and nabi wanting to be a psychiatrist. nabi came into his life at the right time, yeonjun was struggling in a pit of darkness, all alone with no one to help him. his childhood friends were all busy with their studies, some of them going to different countries to complete their academics, leaving yeonjun all alone to save himself.

she stayed with him through thick and thin, healing the emotional and mental wounds that were left from his past experiences. they became close friends in a short amount of time, easily discovering many things they had in common, she brought him back out from his shell, slowly becoming the cheerful person he was before his father passed away.

yeonjun was reminiscing the memories he had in college, one of the best memories he has. he still remembered how awkward he was when he asked nabi out on a date, almost embarrassing himself in the process.

yeonjun wandered around the campus of the college, looking for a specific person, kang nabi. he kept walking until he spotted her, a big grin appeared on his face, butterflies fluttering about in his stomach. his smile dropped once he saw nabi with a guy, his arm wrapped around her shoulders, the pair laughing at a joke the guy made. yeonjun walked towards them, but as he was nearing the girl, the guy left her, saying goodbye.

"hey nabi!" yeonjun greeted her, trying to hide the jealousy he felt after seeing her with the guy. "jun! hi! my cousin was just here, sucks that you couldn't meet him." nabi told him, feeling a bit disappointed that the two couldn't meet each other.

"that was your cousin?" yeonjun asked, shocked yet relieved that the guy wasn't a secret boyfriend or something. "yeah, he's a year older than us," nabi said while grabbing on to yeonjun's arm, motioning for them to walk, "he majors in mechanical engineering, so he's a sunbae." she continued as the pair started walking. yeonjun let out a sigh of relief that he didn't even know he was holding in. "oh, it makes sense why i haven't seen him before..." he said, looking around at the buildings.

"hey, i have a question..." he trailed off, already feeling awkward, his palms sweating as he panicked, not knowing how to ask her out. "yeah?" nabi looked up at him, wondering what the question was since it was taking him a really long time to spit it out. "um... do you want to eat out with me at the new ice cream parlor?" he said, stuttering a bit. she just stared at him, not knowing if it was just a hang out or a date. "is that, like, a date?" she asked, genuinely curious. "yeah..." yeonjun said, barely above a whisper. "sure!" nabi said, smiling back at him, the smile that made his heart melt.

"really? oh my god, i didn't know if you would actually say yes, like, i was terrified." he rambled on, telling her how nervous he was. nabi started laughing at him, finding his rambling cute. "ahh, you're cute." she said, her hand went up to cover her mouth, not intending to say that out loud. "huh? what did you say?" as if yeonjun did a 180. he started teasing her, clearly hearing her calling him cute. "nothing. nothing. i have class bye-bye!" nabi quickly said, basically running away from him. yeonjun was so giddy, the butterflies in his stomach fluttering even more after his crush accepted his date.

yeonjun smiled at the memory, smiling for the first time in a long time. he placed the broken picture frame on the window sill, cleaning up the broken pieces of glass on the floor. he really missed nabi, his savior, his light, his gold, his one and only. nabi saved him when he could barely do anything, when he was barely a shell of a person, empty and numb. she brought the life back into him, lighting up the pit of darkness he was in, the pit of darkness showing a tunnel that led them out.

nabi was his butterfly, the butterfly that stopped himself from harming himself. he loved her so much, still does to this day, and letting her go was the hardest thing he ever did.

✩