~5~

~05~
(Day 427)

~05~(Day 427)

*~*~*~*~*~*

IT HAS BEEN A YEAR SINCE little beau's death ,though the Abbott family seemed to have recovered from the massive blow of loss I knew deep down that no one would forget.

Even though the boy was no relation to me and I had only known him for about three hours his scared face still haunts my dreams.

Regan and I spend are free time one the small beach near the farmhouse we sit their and chat -well sign-.

As we're both the oldest in the our families we have a lot in common not only that but we've both lost a family member.

But on this specific day she decided to talk about something I hadn't thought about since the first day of this quietness, relationships.

She told me that she had had a crush on this guy in her school called Thomas wright apparently he was very kind to her and told people who picked on her off for making fun of her disability.

I told her that I had never really had an interest in any one that all the guys in my school were duchebags and loved to talk trash.

There was one question that she asked me that I was stumped on. If any of us were every going to find a lover in this world as most of the population of the world is dead.

I shrugged when she asked and told her that maybe the human race will die out.

It was silent for a while -pun intended- until Reagan tapped my shoulder.

"I thought you should know"she signed "Marcus likes you" I was shocked and was quick to dismiss the comment.

"No he doesn't Marcus an I have nearly talked let alone had the chance to like each other"

"That's because he gets nervous around you and can't sign properly"she answered

I had to admit Marcus was cute and had been really nice to me but he didn't show any affection towards me.

Light footsteps interrupted out girly chat, Evelyn was walking the small path a basket full of laundry in her arms her swelled stomach making her pregnant state obvious.

She gestured with her hand for both regan and I to follow her before turning and walking off.

I quickly placed my feet underneath my body and ran to catch up with the woman regan doing the same.

Evelyn passed us the basket to carry between us and we walked to the washing line placed just outside the barn that stood beside the house.

We had Had no pegs so we simply hung them over the line. Nobody signed we just enjoyed the sun and the ever lasting quietness surrounding us.

~~~~~~

After putting the washing up I joined Evelyn in the barn to help put up some baby decor for the new arrival coleung within the next month.

Though haveing a baby is exciting the processes excpessialy during our circumstances is scary, the baby not knowing the life it's been born into will continuously cry drawing the aliens towards us.

To prevent this from happening both lee and my dad built an underground soundproof room and a sound proof box to be a cradle with an oxygen tank attached so when the lid is closed the baby can breathe freely.

I smiled and waved at Marcus polightly as he entered the room he smiled back but quickly walked off.
Wether it was in embarrassment or in hatred I'll never know.

I joined regan at the wall and helped paint glue on top of the paper she was placing there this a technique used to sound proof rooms.

Dad and lee were sat on top of the corn mill when I looked outside every night they would light a fire and watch for any other survivors making their way towards it.

But the hope of finding anyone this was way snuffed out after ten weeks.

~~~~~

Steel rose from the floor as Evelyn lifted the board that the oven was placed behind tonight's dinner was fish. During this time fish was the safest food to find so it was ninety percent of our meals but every once in a while lee and my father would come he from a hunt with a deer or a rare Turkey.

Regan and I set the table placing napkins where we would have place plates.

"Regan go get your father and mr. Owens" Evelyn signed placing the fish on the table the cloth beneath it cushioning its landing.

Regan shook her head, she didn't hate her father but she always felt guilty for given beau the plane and she thought that he blamed her to.

Evelyn shook her head and forced her to go. She then turned and called in Marcus, Helen and Samuel.

Regan came back after that her father and mine fallowing in tail. We all took our respective seats at the table and before eating bowed our heads in prayer.

We prayed in thanks for living another day and prayed in hope that we would have another week.

When Evelyn lifts her head signaling the end of prayer we begin to eat. We don't use Curley instead we use bread mopping up the fish with it.

Dinner was as solemn as always but I was grateful for the food and the company and for right now I wouldn't trade anyone in this room for my life. We were a family even though we weren't related.

I would sacrifice myself for anyone in this room and If I were to ask them I'm sure they would say the same even though life was hard I was glad to have these people beside me.

*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N

My God 3k reads I literally can't believe that my book has got that many reads I never expect any reads at all so to get three k means a lot thank you all so much

L.J.F