~1~

~01~
(Day 1)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I ENTERED MY SEMI-DETACHED, brick house with tears streaming down my face. Mom was quick to notice and was by my side instantly.'honey what's wrong, is every thing okay" she asked sitting me down on the counter. I shook my head I felt numb my hands were shaking. ' please Indy talk to me' I sighed.' Mia she's .... she's missing, her whole family is' moms face went from worried to absolutely terrified. She wrapped her arms around me and gave me a hug.' She'll be fine Indy" I wanted to believe her but every one so far who has gone missing has not come back.

That evening mom and dad had gone to the shops for food and Samuel, Helen and I were in are shared room playing a board game.'Indy did you hear about my friend Jamie ' I looked at Samuel and shook my head. ' what happened to him'.' He didn't come into school today neither did his brother or his sister' I could feel the tears brimming in my eyes but I called my self down, I'm the eldest I can't show weakness.

The door slammed open signaling mom and dads return, we came shuffling down the stairs. 'MOMMY' Samuel shouted and she shook her head and put a finger to her lips. I frowned and looked at dad he nodded. What does that mean.

I looked down at Helen she was trembling her eyes wide in shock horror. She was not one you would want to watch a horror or thriller film with. I smiled at her to call her down she was only ten after all. Dad walked over to me and tapped me on the back.' Take the others and hide under your bed don't come out till I come for you' he signed. Dad was deaf he was in an accident when he was a teenager. I nodded ' be safe please' I signed back.

I grabbed Helen and Samuel's hands and brought them upstairs. ' get under my bed' I signed the both shot me worried lookes before slowly and quietly slid under my bed. I slid in beside them.

After a few minutes mom came up stairs. ' it's okay but you can't talk so sign and pack a bag full of clothes we have to move' she signed and left. I slid out and grabbed a duffle bag from a drawer and shoved some clothes in and a few of my books.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Samuel put his electronic puppy (he got one because we weren't allowed a real one) in his bag. I walked over to him and took it out. He sent me pleading eyes. I shook my head.' Too loud it will make sound and we will get caught, I'm sorry Sam" he nodded but let a tear slip.

After a few minutes both mom and dad came up to see if we were finished. ' you guys have nothing in you bags that are electronic or that would make a sound' I shook my head and Helen did the same. Mom took Helen and Samuel down stairs.' Dad, what's happening why do we have to move' I signed. He looked terrified I knew he didn't want to tell me but I wanted to know the whole truth.' They are aliens or some kind of animal they can hear every sound and we're the only one's alive in this neighborhood maybe even in America, we have to go to the country side maybe find another family' he signed. I shivered I always wanted to have an adventure but not one like this.' You have to promise me' he signed getting my attention ' that what ever happens to me and your mom you will protect the younger ones get them away from those things' I nodded

He took my hand and led me down stairs.'every one ready' mom signed. We all nodded and she cautiously opened the try trying as hard as possible not to make a sound. We lived in New York it would take days before we'd finally find the country side.
She paused and looked down at her feet then back up at us.'we should take are shoes off' she signed and bent down taking off her green combat boots. When she stood back up dad was the would to sign what was on our minds.

'Why'

' because our shoes will make more noise then are feet, week bring our shoes along with us this is just for our safety' she signed before leaning down and taking of samuels converse.the rest of us following suit.

'Mommy' Samuel signed, she nodded. 'I'm hungry'. She sighed. ' we'll get food when we enter the city is that okay honey' he nodded.

We exited the front gate walking along the path the only souls the wind and the soft almost non existent thuds of our feet hitting the pavement. Life was what's on the line, life was what was driving us forward.

Most of the houses we passed were abandoned none of the houses had people in them. The city was empty it was beautiful but I would enjoy it more if there wasn't killer aliens after us. We stoped out side a small grocery store luckily it was open. Dad slowly walked in. I noticed the employee sprawled out on the ground her stomach open blood all over the place. Dad turned around. ' you stay here I'm go see if it's safe' he signed.

He returned when he was sure is tad safe.'elizabeth stay here with Helen and Samuel, Indira and I will get the food' she nodded and picket up the sleepy Samuel.' Be carful ' she signed. I nodded and fallowed after dad.

We walked down a few Ile's taking some food of the shelf's and placing them in our bags he then picked up some water bottles.

I noticed a book on one of the shelf's. I looked at it and dad noticed it.'go get it you might need it' I walked forward and slowly slid it of the shelf. It was The Maze Runner by James Dashner I smiled I'd heard about this book it was always one people would recommend to me I just could never get it.I quickly stuffed it in my bag and walked out of the shop.

We continued walking for a while when we saw the sun disappear behind one of the taller buildings. It was gonna be dark soon and we don't know if these things come out at night.

One by one the stars started appearing and the blue had faded to a black.'we better get some sleep' mom signed, dad nodded and brought us to a small ally way hidden from sight.' They shouldn't be able to see us here' we all laid down using our bags as pillows the ground was hard but it was all we got right now.we all slept quite close to warm each other up if we were cold.

This was when I got to process everything were we gonna die, is there another family alive, is this happening in other countries, are we the only people alive in the world these questions weren't gonna be answered. The only way to answer them where to find the answer and it was gonna be hard but I was up for it and I hope this isn't the end of my life.

*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N
Hey guys this is the first chapter I hope you like it I had just recently watched a quiet place and love the plot and the creatures and characters please comment and vote thank you

L.j.f