~8~

~08~
(Day 428)

*~*~*~*~*~*WE FALLOWED LEE THE  sand path snuffling the soft thuds of our feet

*~*~*~*~*~*
WE FALLOWED LEE THE
sand path snuffling the soft thuds of our feet.

Marcus gripped my hand tighter his fear still of the monsters still there.

The river wasn't that far an hour walk from the barn we wear a kilometer or two away when lee's hand raised stopping our walk.

I looked passed lee to see a small deer, a buck kneeling on the path. I smiled at the animal seeing animals alive makes me happy.

When it's black eyes landed on is it raised from its position on he sand and silently walked back through the evergreens of the forest.

We continued our walk not stopping until we reached the small clearing where the river passed through the forest.

Marcus and I marveled at the sight neither of us had been here before and the beauty of the waterfall falling in the water below was beautiful

Lee slowly took his back pack off and placed it next to a boulder before kneeling down next to the water. He gave us a quick look before is hands plunge into the river water.

Marcus looks at me confused wondering what his father was doing.

After a minute of lee yanking and pulling on something a handmade wooden contraption pulls free and inside laid a fish.

Lee pulls out a trout it's body was shaking and thrashing about he placed it on the biggest boulder but the fish got free and splashed back into the river swimming off.

That definitely made a loud sound.

Marcus gripped my hand tighter and turned to run off but his dad caught his arm preventing him from doing so.

'There going to hear you,' he signed his face filled with worry for his and his fathers lives.

Lee shook his head. 'Not unless there a constant sound nearby that's louder

I nodded understanding what he meant we were safe as long as the river made a louder sound.

But Marcus who was so scared he could hardly comprehend anything at the moment.

Lee shot me a look leading me to help Marcus understand.

I turned to the boy and moved my hand in a way that told him to breathe.