~14~

~14~
(Day 473)

~14~(Day 473)

*~*~*~*~*~*

MY KNUCKLES WERE WHITE , the grip on the hand gun I had found on Lee's desk was so tight due to my nerves.

Evelyn eyes were on the the bsment stares ready to shoot anything that descended down them.

Regan held a microphone in her left hand while her hearing aid was in her other ready to blast the frequency that seemed to effect the death angles so much.

My father stood slightly behind me, his stance made it clear that should a death angle come close he would jump in front of who ever it came for.

Marcus, Samuel and the newborn sat underneath the stares. Marcus had his hands over his ears and Samuel not being old enough to really understand what's going on was doing the same.

Evelyn when she was satisfied that we were safe placed the gun around her back and walked to wards her son.

'Lets go' she whispered her voice raw but still a audible.

She took the baby from marcus' arms and moved towards the stares where dead death angle laid so-called over the bottom two steps.

She stealthy stepped over one of it's claws and walked up the steps her foot stepping on the painted green spots of the floor.

I followed handgun still cocked and ready to shoot any threats even if it was a wild bunny.

Each step was sore but I willed myself to keep going adrenaline took over.

We walked out the front door of the house that had protected us for a year.

The barn was on fire it's structure to far gone to save. Tears filled my eyes I had many memories in that barn and to see it destroyed crushed nit just me but everyone.

Evelyn turned towards the rest of us she handed dad the shot gun.

'Wait here' she instructed her children then turned and entered the burning barn.

Regan took two steps back towards the house Marcus surprised at her move meant turned to her.

'Im going back in, stay here'

Marcus begged her to stay with his facial expressions but she didn't back down.

I placed my hand in Marcus' and rubbed my thumb down the back of it I'm an attempt to treasure him that everything was okay.