~2~

~02~
(Day 10)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AFTER A FEW DAYS OF WALKING and finding places to eat food we had made it half way through the city. No one had crossed our path and I was sure that maybe we were the last on America.

'We better get moving'mom signed. We had spent the night in a home store which luckily had those beds and couches on show. Both Helen and I slept on one and mom, dad and Samuel slept on another.

We all got changed and started packing up. The food was shared evenly through out my bag and everyone's besides Samuel we didn't want him to make noise or complain about a heavy bag.

'Mommy' Helen sighed.' Yes sweetie' she replied. ' where are we going to day' mom shrugged.' I really do t know but we're trying to reach the country side' she nodded.

'Indy dear' dad signed gaining my attention. He waved his hand guestering for me to come to him. ' yes dad' I signed. He handed me a small gun. I shook my head and stood back. ' no' he sent me a pleading look.

'Use it if we get into trouble I have one to and so does your mother" I unwillingly nodded. I was only thirteen and didn't want to go through what I was currently going through I wanted to be at home on my phone texting my friends and doing home work. I didn't wanna be using a gun or any weapon at that.

We left the store and started walking. Our bare feet were scratched and were hurting really bad but non of us complained. Every once in a while dad would pick Samuel up just to give the poor four year old a chance to rest.

Around midday is when we stopped to eat a bit of food. I had a sandwich and a small cup of water to go with it.

Dad said we could sit in the shade for about half an hour then we would half to get going. I took this chance to start reading my new book. The maze runner.

Aloud crash caused me to look up from the captivating book. A young boy about the age of Helen ran out of a shop he saw us and ran towards us. But was quickly snatched and killed by the monster. I covered mine and helens mouth to prevent us from screaming.

When she calmed down I reached into my bag and pulled out the gun. I inspected the creature before me. It was a dark grayish purpleish wit had four arms and a head. I was confused why it didn't attack us we were standing right here.

Dad picked a twig of the ground and through it. When it made a sound pieces of the aliens head moved out and retracted. It has no eye's. That's why it didn't kill us because it could see us. Now it all made sense.

' dad did you see that it had no eyes' I signed he nodded. ' so it does have a weakness' I thought to myself. ' we better get going before it comes back.' Mom signed.

I sauntered back to the tree picked up my bag placed the gun and my book back in and walked back over to my family.

' we better keep extra quiet the monster could still be in the area' dad signed. He bent down and picked Helen up much to her confusion. ' the more people off the ground the better' at his words mom picked up Samuel.

We continued on and decided to stay in a shop tonight. We were still worried about the monster being close by. If we had a few walls protecting us the better.

Dad and I set up the sleeping arrangements. Their was one bed in the whole shop that was left intact. Helen, Samuel and mom would sleep there. Dad and I would sleep on yoga mats that I found up at the cash counter.

Dinner was half a sandwich and an apple each. I read for about half an hour before actually lying down and trying to get some sleep.

After an hour of trying to get some sleep I gave up. I needed to tire myself out so I decided to stay up a little while and search the store or something.

Every one was asleep so I quietly walked around. I had left my sketch book and drawing pencils at home so that was what I was intending on finding.

This was a general store so I could find almost every thing in here. I had found a sketch book and a pencil on the art section I saw a packet of coulouring pencils and took them as well.

I laid back down on my mat and opened the crisp white page. I closed my eyes and wondered what I wanted to draw. I decided on some mythical creature.

I sighed and laid back down this time feeling more tired

I sighed and laid back down this time feeling more tired. I just pray that we will get out of this alive or we some other family who can help us survive.

*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N
Hey guys here's the second chapter it's a bit short but it's fine. Hope you like it remember to comment and vote. Thanks ❤️
L.j.f