XVI. Faeryn. Glass and Stone

It's always the best to have someone to talk to when something feels wrong. However since the problem was something much more awkward, Laebon, her father was not a choice. Faeryn could run off to tell her best friend instead, only if he wasn't Thranduil.

The elleth sat inside her room, gazing at the still wall in desperation to solve things out by herself. The meeting with Princess Aerondess today had hauled out what her heart and soul had been hiding. It was not easy to admit it but it was true.

Faeryn was selfish. She could not let Thranduil go. She could not bear to see him get married to another elleth. There were times that the brunette doubted herself for having it in mind but now she knew. Mireth was right, Faeryn had fallen in love with the one she should never have: the Elvenking.

What am I going to do?

The maiden elf started to wonder. She questioned her sanity and blamed her uncommandable heart for something it had no control of. Faeryn sighed. Indeed that she had no control when it's about to sentiment and it was even harder to come into a conclusion when what was developing inside her was not love at first sight.

Maybe I should find Mireth. And so, Faeryn decicded that she should.

Faeryn strode quietly from halls to halls, took a few turns without thinking until the servant room laid in front of her. This underground palace was at the back of the elleth's hand and that was what happen when you spend over two thousand years wandering around the place because there was nothing better to do.

Faeryn gently knocked on the wooden door and in a swift, a Silvan elleth poked her head out. The elf's eyes widened when she realized who was it knocking and quickly spread the door opened.

"My Lady! What brings you here to us Silvan? Did any of us do wrong, my Lady?" She asked nervously in a tiny voice, er body tensed up, which made Faeryn slightly uncomfortable.

"Oh no, mellon. I didn't interrupt anything, did I? It is only Mireth whom I need. I didn't mean any harm, coming here."

The servant maiden looked cautious with Faeryn's word but did not dare to say anything. She moved aside and whispered something to the nearest elleth, who was also listening. A moment later Mireth came out with an understanding look that relieved most of Faeryn's anxiety.

"Dear Mireth. I'm certain that your company should make me feel better." The maid gently cringed at the plead. Mireth did not dare to question such private matter in public, however, she could not help but engaged her Lady in an embrace immediately.

"Let's go to somewhere not so crowded." Suggested the brunette and the green-eyed nodded, leading the way.

Faeryn closed the door quickly and paced towards Mireth. The elleths held each other's hands before Faeryn found herself sobbing in the most abyss of heartache. With the Lady in her arms, Mireth sighed as she tried her best in hope to sooth such delicated crying.

"You were right from the beginning. You were right the whole time. I do love him, Mireth. I do." Faeryn said in her tears; for once, Mireth wished she wasn't. The elleth although had not yet fallen in love but she had lived enough of a life time to understand what shall such emotion causes one.

"My Lady, please do cry. Do so until you are at ease." Mireth carefully parted away and helped the desperate maiden sit down. "Should I make you some tea? Nothing sooths an aching soul better than a nicely brewed cup of tea."

"Yes, please." Sniffed Faeryn as she managed to grow a smile at the corner of her lips. The smile did not reach those sad, green eyes, however it was an effort and Mireth was pleased.