⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊. 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨
━━ 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒚

If there is something we can all learn from Juliette is: do not speak too early. Because you jinx things.

"Juliette, we need to talk to you," Kourtney stopped her in the hallway, alongside Nini "Oh my God, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I just did not get much sleep yesterday, that's all. Is everything alright?"

"Something... something happened yesterday at rehearsal and I think you need to know. You are my friend after all and it wouldn't be fair to hide it to you," Nini began.

Juliette's heartbeat sped up, making her sweat a little bit, "you're worrying me, girls."

The taller girl doubted, seeing the girl's state. Maybe it was not a good idea to tell her after all and they should instead come up with a quick lie. It was clear that she was head over heels for Ricky, nobody could deny that, they could see it in her eyes and in how they shined everytime the boy stepped into a room. She looked at him as if he had all the stars in his eyes. They both knew knew that was going to hurt the petite redhead but they could not stay quiet, Juliette needed to know.

"Yesterday, Miss Jenn told Ricky and Nini to go rehearse the roof scene to another room and... well, we wanted to order pizza for dinner since we had so much to do so Big Red went looking for them to ask them if they liked Pepperoni and Soy Cheese."

"Soy Cheese?"

"Big Red can't eat dairy. Anyway, he entered the room without warning and he saw both of them breaking apart. He was not sure if something was happening or had happened at all but..."

"Ricky and I nearly kiss," Nini blurted out, "and I know that both of you kinda have this thing going on but I don't know what came over me, over him, over us. We did not kiss but... you needed to know it. And I know it is no excuse and I don't deserve you to forgive me anytime soon."

Juliette cut her before she could continue with the story. She felt bad enough already and she could not take it anymore, "Ricky and I... we are nothing. So I guess that I do not have a right to... to say anything or to get mad at all."

She wanted to put a smile on her face but it was clear that she was affected. Of course she was. She believed that everything was going to be okay but, in turn, everything seemed to be crumbling at the same time.

"Juliette, please. You have all the right to be upset and angry, cry if you need, don't invalidate your feelings like that," Kourtney replied, hugging her. The girl broke there and then, hugging a girl that she had not spoken more than a hundred words to before this semester. After some seconds, she wiped her tears and smiled weakly.

"Thank you so much, Kourt, Nini. For telling me and for being here for me. I'll see you later at rehearsal, okay? I need to... I don't know, distract myself."

"Anytime, Juliette. Call me if you need everything."

"I am so sorry Juliette, please, believe me. I respect whatever it is that Ricky and you have."

"Nini," she whispered, "don't worry, okay?" And without another word, she left, leaving the two girls in the middle of the hallway, looking worried at the redhead.

Had she worn yellow in the theatre without knowing it? Had she said Macbeth? Because everything was falling apart just the day before opening night. But, at least, nothing could go worse, right?

However hurt she was, she put on a brave face and continued about her day. She could not fail the team, she needed to be there for everyone. She did not want to tell anyone about what Kourtney and Nini had told her, she felt embarrassed: embarrassed that she was not good enough for Ricky, embarrassed that she had believed she could make him happy, embarrassed because she had not listened to her head. She knew Ricky liked Nini, he had always had, but yet, she let herself fall for him.

She felt faint during the whole day, she missed lunch to finish some props along the art club, which only added to her stress. She walked through the hallways as if she was a ghost, just trying to get by, wishing the day was over so she could return to her room and hide in her art.

While carrying a huge box of materials to the gym, she came across E.J. on the hallway, who helped her carry everything. Both of them had grown closer as well, to the point that she would even say he was her friend and vice versa.

"Juliette, are you sure you are okay? You are white as a sheet."

"Yeah, I'm just tired. But we need to-" and she could not finish her sentence. Everything got to her at that moment and she had to sit down on the floor. She was too dizzy to continue. E.J. quickly left the box on the floor and kneeled down by her side, making sure that she was not going to faint while she went for something to eat.

"Ricky, Big Red, stay with her while I go get her something to eat and drink," he called and walked away to the nearest vending machine.

The two boys ran to her and that broke Juliette. She could not take it anymore and she began to cry, making everyone stop on their tracks. She had managed to avoid Ricky the whole day, which meant that she could put her mind in many other things except his nearly-kiss with Nini, but seeing him was too much. Luckily, the school was nearly empty, except for some laggards and the drama and art clubs.

"Juliette, come on, talk to me. What is wrong?"

"I think you of all people should know what is wrong, Ricky," Nini whispered to him, making Ricky widen his eyes in realization. "She knows."

E.J. arrived along Mr Mazzara and Miss Jenn, who had heard about the incident, and took her to the teacher's office so she could sit in a more comfortable surface while she drank and ate. They allowed him to stay and look after her along Mr Mazzara while Miss Jenn organized the rehearsal.

"What is wrong, Juliette?"

"I just... I did not sleep last night because I wanted to get everything done for opening night and," she stopped for air, still crying, "and I did not eat breakfast this morning nor did I eat lunch today because I couldn't. I didn't have time. And just when I think everything is going to be okay, I find out that Ricky and Nini nearly kiss yesterday. I believed he liked me. He kissed me! I don't know what I was thinking."

"Honestly, Juliette, fuck Ricky-"

"Language!" Mr Mazzara warned him, making them laugh softly.

"F Ricky. You have to take care of youself. I am going to drive you home and I am going to get you to bed. Or we can take Alexandra if you feel more comfortable."

"No E.J. please, I have to stay. The musical is tomorrow," she pleaded, looking at him directly on the eyes.

"You cannot work in this state. You go rest and tomorrow, I am going to pick you up at early as you want and we can come and finish anything you want, okay?"

It took a long time to convince her but, ultimately, she accepted to go home with E.J.

lxngbottom speaks!

the end is near already! I can't believe it,
I don't want to believe it

I have grown to love these characters
so much that I cannot wait to post my s2 story already
thanks everyone for voting and commenting on my stories
and for supporting me! I know I am nowhere near a
good writer but you encourage me to
continue getting better

love u xx