⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀𝒗. 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
━━ 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔

     "What is wrong, honey?" her father asked when he saw her state. Her cheeks were red, although I could not tell you whether they were from the marathon she had just run or because she was still embarrassed about what she had done.

     "I just asked for Ricky Bowen's phone number!" she blurted out, surprising everyone in the household. Before they could say anything, she climbed the stairs and entered her bedroom, closing the door behind her and throwing herself face-down on her bed. Her phone stated beeping, signalling that she was receiving messages, so she picked it up to put it on silent. However, she decided to read the notifications first.

Kourtney:

So?
was he talking to nini?
where are u?
did u leave rehearsal?

Nini:

Hey, I saw you running away.
what happened?
Are you okay?

Lexi:

What just happened?
you were talking to ricky
bowen and then practically
disappeared
did he say something to you?

     She did not feel in the mood for explanations so she just told everyone that she was okay and locked it so she could continue sinking in her embarrassment. What would Ricky be thinking? Probably that she is just plain stupid.

     Before she could keep immersing herself in self-pity, her two younger sisters entered the room and sat on her bed, bombarding her with questions. Juliette, however, was not feeling like dealing with them.

     "Could you please leave me alone with my embarrassment?"

     "You have Ricky's number! You're making progress!"

     "I am not making any type of progress," she cleared out, now putting the pillow away from her face and looking at the girls, "I don't like Ricky."

     "Why did you ask for his number then?"

     "Because I panicked," she confessed, "but I'm not planning on texting him."

     "Well, if you don't, we will," Ava stated, "or maybe he will."

     Juliette hit her with her beige cushion while laughing, knowing very well that she had said it just to annoy her. That started a pillow fight that got everything out or her mind for a while, which is exactly what she needed. That was until her phone lit out again and Lisa took it to see if it was Ricky.

Lexi:

Why is ricky 'skater boy'
bowen asking ME if you're
feeling okay?

Something I need to know?

     "Ricky is asking for you," she informed, giving her sister her phone.

     "Oh, fuck me," she said, putting the pillow back in her face.

     "Say that to Ricky, not to us."

     After some time, the girls left Juliette's room and she took her phone to reply Alex, only to find messages from an unknown number.

Unknown

Hey, it's ricky,
alex gave me your number

are you okay?

I don't think I've ever
seen anyone run so
fast

did something happen?