⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
━━ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍

The start of something new sang by Ricky and Nini filled the shelter, which they had taken as their own little refuge, while the dancers moved around them according to the choreography and holding disco balls and (provisional) drawings.

The two voices sounded perfect together, making everyone smile at the hearing of the well-known song. It does not matter how many times they had heard it that day already, the harmony of the two leads made it worth it every single time. The musical was really starting to come together and they were all eager for opening night to arrive. Moreover, Ricky and Nini's relationship had got so much better and that was obvious on rehearsal (and, consequently, on stage), which made things much easier for everyone around them.

"Okay, hold on. I know everyone is excited for the holiday break. But I'm me, I have notes," Miss Jenn chuckled, talking for the whole room and stopping the two teenagers' singing, "Nini and Ricky, that was good, but it could be better. She said in the spirit of holiday cheer."

"But I thought we sounded okay," the boy said looking at his co-protagonist.

"Heck yeah, we kinda killin' it," Nini agreed, smiling.

"Wait, you mean... both of us?", asked Ricky, making both of them start chuckling. However, before they could say anything else, Miss Jenn interrupted by saying that she wanted all of them to be on vocal rest for the upcoming holidays. Even if she knew they were most likely not going to, it was worth a try.

Just then, the bell rang and E.J. got up from his sit yelling from excitement for Thanksgiving. Juliette understood him perfectly well, Thanksgiving was one of her favourite days of the year as well and especially this one, in which he had a lot to give thanks for.

The teacher left the room and, as if he had not heard her asking for vocal rest, Carlos announced that Ashlyn was holding a party the next night and that everyone was invited.

The few members of the art crew that remained there (for the decorations were already over and they hung there just because they love being with the cast) look at each other. Were they invited as well? As if he had read their minds, Carlos looked at them: "you too, of course."

Her whole family was there, dressed elegantly as if Thanksgiving was a kind of etiquette party.

Well, actually, for them it kind of was. Her parents had got married in Thanksgiving and it was in Thanksgiving when her mom found out she was pregnant with the two twins. Plus, it was in Thanksgiving that Juliette got her first painting hung in a local art gallery. In short, it was a special day for them.

And that year, they luckily had a lot to be thankful for. Her mother had been promoted, her father had made a great inversion, the twins were on their way to having all A's at school and Juliette was as happy as could be, also doing great in her junior year.

They all sat down to dinner and had a happy chat, as they did every year. Time went so fast that, while they were still having dessert, Juliette's mother told her that she was going to be late to the party. The older redhead brushed her teeth in a hurry and got out of the house with her dress still on, she did not have time to change clothes.

Ricky was not answering her texts so, figuring that maybe he was still having dinner with his father, she went directly to Ashlyn's house, texting him that they would meet there.

On her way, someone honked at her, making her jump slightly. She turned around only to discover that it was E.J. telling her to come into the car, he did not want her walking around all alone at night.