coffee and sunshine

She amazed me.

I never saw someone so shy and so brave at the same time.

She'd get flustered at my compliments, but then turn the tables around so fast that I got whiplashed everytime she smirked at my almost unnatural reaction.

Her heavenly features didn't help my case either.

I mean, seriously. How? I never got her and I feel like I never will, but, in a weird way, I don't really care.

"What? Finally ran out of words?" She asked me, tilting her head and smiling complacently.

"Ah, you really don't know me huh?" I laughed provocatively. Daring her to say something.

She seemed to have accepted the dare, because what she did next simply baffeled me.

She crouched down to my eye level and leant in, whispering in my ear.

"No, no I don't. But I am going to"

I was a goner.

As she was retreating we made eye contact and I knew I had her in that moment. She may have been brave, but this proximity was, as it seemed, my advantage.

I smirked at her and opened my mouth to say something, but we got interrupted by what seemed to be a coworker of hers.

"Nobara! Your girlfriend can wait, we've got work to do" The tall brunette said, with a disgrunteled look on her face.

Nobara quickly snapped up to a standing position, straightening her clothes as she looked down, her face covered in an adorable blush.

I stood up and stood infront of her, chuckling at her flustered state.

"You know, I was definantly not planning any of this" She mumbeled as she avoided eye contact.

"Neither did I, but hey, I'm glad that it did happed anyway" I looked down at her, making her look at me again.

"Well... I'll see you then" She flashed a smile and turned around.

"Yeah, see you" I said, smiling at her retreating form.

I grabbed my hoodie and left a tip, of course.

I made my way to the exit and caught an observing eye of the brunette from a few minutes ago.

I saluted at her and smiled when I saw the rainbow pin on her uniform. She looked like she was taked aback by the gesture and lifted her hand hesitantly.

I puffed out a laugh and went back to my car, feeling giddy.

Hm... weird.

Nobara's POV

What the hell did just happen???

I can't believe I did that. I man who does this sly motherfucker think she is?

But all jokes aside, I gave her my number. Suddenly it dawned on me that I almost kissed a stranger. A hot stranger at that.

Who can blame me right? Have you seen her? She is so hot, but of course I'd never admit that, even if was the last thing I had to tell her.

"Who was that?" Karla, my coworker asked me.

Karla was a sarcastic, very tall for her age and insanely perceptive. She knows everything. It gets scary sometimes.

"You never mentioned her" she leaned down on a table and stared at me with those weirdly dark green orbs. I knew exactly what she was doing. She was observing. She smiled teasingly and I knew instantly that she was right.

"You Nobara, the ice queen, Kugisaki, have a crush on her" She said and stood up, towering over me once again.

"Pfft, me? a crush? on her? I met her today"

Her gaze shifted from quizzical, to unimpressed in a matter of seconds.

"Is it that obvious?"

Part three coming up in a few days. see ya oh and Karla will be a recurring character from now on lmk if yall have ideas for pt. 3 bye

Words: 613