chapter 3

Minerva's pov

"First battle is Minerva Orland of Sabertooth vs Eve from blue pegasus!"

I heard someone shout into a microphone. I sighed deeply as I put on the earrings before walking into the battle zone. This was going to extremely boring. I mean Eve had lost easily to Rufus last time there was a battle. And Rufus would be considered second weakest member! Who expected him to even win against the strongest member of Sabertooth as I'm told. He walked into the battle zone across from me. He had a smile on his face.

"Alright big sister! Give me all you got!"

Big mistake. He threw a magical attack towards me and I switched places with him, making him take the attack. We continued this cat and mouse game until I got bored. An orb appeared around him. He yelped as he tried to get out. I blew it up, hearing his cry of pain. He fell to the ground unable to move. I walked to him slowly, taking my time till I got to him. I forced him to look into my eyes and noticed that hearts appeared in both of his eyes. He immediately clung to me exclaiming how much he loved his big sister. I sighed deeply as I walked away from the battle zone. I stood next to my teammates. This was extremely boring as it hadn't taken long to incapacitate Eve. At the moment he was getting healed so he'd be at full health for my next battle. I watched my all the fights go on. Why was it all boring to me? Perhaps it wouldn't be boring if I had an actual opponent that could stand on the same level as me. Suddenly the microphone squealed, making me cringe.

"And now I will tell everyone the names of our winners! Juvia of  Fairy tail, Lisanna of Fairy tail, Orga of Sabertooth(Sting grinned when the announcer said Orga), Lucy of Fairy tail, Rogue of Sabertooth, Wendy of Fairy tail, Minerva of Sabertooth, Erza of Fairy tail, Mirajane of Fairy tail, Cobra of Crime sorciére, Laxus of Fairy tail, Jellal of Crime sorciére, Sorano of Crime sorciére, Rufus of Sabertooth, Yukino of Sabertooth, Evergreen of Fairy tail, Lyon of Lamia scale who will now be over in the competition as the sole survivor of Lamia scale. Kagura of Mermaid heel who  who will also be also be leaving the competition due to being the sole survivor of her guild!"

He finally finished and took a large exhale before a smile appeared on his face. Ugh I hated this to be honest. I'd much rather be watching my favorite show, eating pints of ice cream as I cried.

"Our next battles will be Juvia vs. Lisanna, Orga vs. Lucy, Rogue vs. Wendy, Minerva vs. Erza, Mirajane vs. Cobra, Laxus vs Jellal, Sorano vs. Rufus, Yukino vs Evergreen! Don't forget to have fun everyone!"

He said way too cheerfully which made me cringe again. I watched, giggling softly as Orga lost against Lucy which I'd make sure to tease him about later. Rogue luckily won against Wendy but only because she couldn't heal herself.  Rufus beat Sorano when he combined her magic with Orga's magic. Yukino managed to barely beat Evergreen by doing a medusa. Finally it was my turn and I must admit I was excited to see if I could beat Erza this time. I blushed when I heard Sensei cheering me on. Erza requiped into the same outfit we battled in before. That told me she was confident in herself.

"Nice to see you again Minerva."

She said with a smile as she held onto her swords tightly in a fighting stance. I got into a fighting stance as well with a smile on my face.

"Can't wait to see who will win this time. Although I must admit I do have a weaker pawn than you."

I said coolly, watching her expression change into a serious one. She attacked first, swiping her sword towards me which I blocked with my magic. I watched as that God slayer sent a powerful attack towards me. Suddenly Erza was the one taking the attack rather than me. I heard her cry out as she fell to the ground but she wasn't done as she got up quickly. I took a kick to my side, making me cry out as I nearly fell over. I winced as I held my side. I put both of them in orbs and blew them up before sending orbs to attack them from a distance. I saw Erza's pawn had fainted since the attack must've been too much for her to take all at once. Erza wasn't done yet though. Eve was sending attacks towards her which she frequently dodged. She attempted to punch me but punched Eve instead when we suddenly switched places. She turned around swiftly but found out that I was behind her as I punched her cheek. I took a punch as well which i held in. Finally our battle ended when she found herself too tired and after I blew her up in a orb again she stayed down. First I made sure to charm Sherria before charming Erza. It was an unexpected win for at least me. I walked out of the arena as my pawns were getting patched up again.

"And the students who will be passing to the last round areeeee Yukino, Rufus, Laxus, Lucy, Minerva, Juvia, and last but most certainly not least Rogue! Our next battles will be Yukino vs. Rufus, Laxus vs. Lucy, Minerva vs. Juvia vs. Rogue! Yes due to uneven amount of people we will have a free for all between our favorite members of the two best guilds!"

God he was annoying. I was glad to go against my guild mate though because I knew how his magic worked. Juvia might be an issue though. I just hoped I'd get to go against Sensei.