chapter 5

Minerva's pov

Was this necessary? He was holding me so closely to him, a protective aura radiating off him. My heart was beating a million miles an hour as I tried to hide my face.

"Did you ever think of the reward you wanted?"

He asked suddenly as he looked down at me. I frowned as I felt daggers being sent at me from the ladies who loved Sensei as much as I did. I blushed more as he stopped and let me go to stand in front of me, waiting for an answer. I leaned in, as if I was going to kiss him. A smile grew on my lips as he closed his eyes. I moved my head to his ear, gently whispering in it.

"Free deserts for a year."

I pulled away from his ear and smiled innocently. I could see the disappointment in his face as he tried not to show it. I gently grabbed his hand, blushing deeply as I led him towards where all the dancing was. I looked behind me to see a smile on his face, making me blush even more. We made it to the dance floor with Yukino and Rogue. The two grinned at each other as they advanced on us.

"Just you and me Miss Orland~ I won't let anyone mess with our dance~"

Did he have to sound so seductive? I shyly smiled as I put my hand on his shoulder. He put his hand on my waist, grabbing my other hand before we started to dance. I felt more deadly glares going towards my direction. I ducked my head down, putting it on his shoulder to try and hide my face but it was no use. He took it as a sign of affection and put his head on mine. I was going to die soon. My father would kill me or I'd never see the light of day again literally. I pulled myself away gently as I smiled. He gave me signature smile as he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. Suddenly he disappeared on me as he had walked away when I was distracted. I heard a song I loved start playing and felt excited until I saw him walking back to me, a enticing smirk on his face as he gently took my hand, walking to the middle of the dance floor. He was going to dance with me in front of all these people?

"Come Miss Orland and show these losers what it means to be our princess."

My eyes widened, listening to what he said, blushing tinting my cheeks until I shook my head. I remembered that one dance class the guild took together and I had the terrible luck of being Sensei's partner. I sighed deeply as we circled each other, our eyes never leaving the other's. It wasn't long before we closed in on each other, our fingers intertwined with the other's. He grinned as he suddenly twirled me. I felt my head become dizzy until I stopped and then his jaw dropped as he noticed my dress turning red. I had the insight of having a custom made dress with an enchantment.

"That's quite the dress there Miss Orland.. everyone's staring now. "

He said before grinning as I had my back against his chest before sliding down slowly. I might've teased him a bit when I slid my hands up my body as I turned towards him. I watched him bite his lip as I tangled ny hands up in my hair, swaying my hips seductively. Was I getting to be too much? I thought so as I dialed it down. He grabbed my hand, twirling me again, my dress changing from red to blue to red again when he spun me towards him. He grabbed my thigh gently, hoisting it up and leaning me towards the ground. I arched my back, sticking my tongue out at the jealous girls as he pulled me back towards him. We continued this until he picked me up above his head, a smirk on his face.

The song finished and everyone applauded. We managed to dance the way into everyone's hearts or so I thought.

"You were amazing!"

I exclaimed with a smile which made him blush slyly. He kept the grin on his face as he scratched the back of his neck. He took my hand and we started to dance again. I heard someone call my name on stage suddenly and I frowned. Yukino smiled brightly as she grabbed my hand and forced me into the stage. I blushed lightly until my crown was removed and a bigger one was placed on my head along with a sash that said "homecoming queen". I looked shocked as she announced that Rogue was homecoming king and gave him the same treatment. I blushed after it was all done and ran back to Sensei. He grinned as he grabbed my hands and we were back to dancing.

"You know you look like a raven-haired badass Cinderella in that dress. You look better than Cinderella though."

He said with a grin as he spun me around before pressing my back against his body, looking down at me. I blushed as I wrapped my arms around his neck.