1. What could change?

They don't know about us - One Direction

Jungkook

I was excited to go to a foreign country for my studies but I was sure I'd miss home the moment I walked out of the house. As I enter the mansion we have for home, I startled my grandmother with a back hug.

"Kookie, can you not reduce my age any further? Do you want me to die from a heart attack?" She chuckled weakly and I kissed her cheek. She gets new wrinkles on her face every day and I am worried for her, really worried. I want her to outlive me.

"You are not dying. Not now, not ever. This is my order!" I exclaimed, warning my grandmother with a pointed finger who just laughed. I was an apple of her eyes, the only son of Jeon Jahyun and Jeon Machi.

This was a rich family of Busan which owned chains of 7-star international hotels.

"Gguk, are you there?" I heard my mother call me and I ran along not before I blew a flying kiss to my Granny.

"I am home, mother," I chimed, but my smile shrank in confusion when I couldn't see Eomma in her room. "Where are you?" I unsurely asked and watched the pile of clothes on the bed move.

"Help me. Get these off of me," She yelped and I barked a high-pitched laugh for a good minute while Eomma just laid there like a moribund fish.

"I am sorry. What are you doing under these clothes?" As I began to clear the clutter and dig her out, she laughed.

"I went shopping. You leave tomorrow and I want you to have a new wardrobe. It gets cold in Germany and I don't want you to fall sick. I have also bought a few summer clothes but you can take them when you visit us during your semester break." She grinned and I just stared at her.

"Eomma, Germany is similar to Korea in terms of weather. I don't want to carry all these clothes. I can buy everything locally."

"You don't have a say in this. Sure, you might be thinking you are now a grown-up and that you are attending university, but let me clear this up real quick. You will always be my baby and you don't tell me how to take care of my own child."

I dug my hands inside my black tight trousers and exhaled.

"I worry Kookie, I don't know how will you survive there... If you will like the food? What if you become homesick?"

"Eomma, Eomma, Eomma," I stopped my rambling mother by positioning my hands on her shoulders. "I know you are worried but all of you have seen my university. You know the dorm is good and big enough. You also know there are many foreign exchange students and food won't be an issue. Besides, I will learn to cook in the dormitory." I assured her but she wasn't convinced.

"You have to be the first kid who has all luxury readily available to him but you would not take it. We still have time, let us arrange an apartment and we will take care of the housemaids. You just focus on your studies and coming back home in six years." She pouted and I pouted even more.

"I said I will handle it. Why can't you trust my capability? I can do it, Eomma."

She sighed as she knew there was no changing my mind. "Alright, but you are taking these with you," she pointed at the heap of brand-new windbreakers, sweatshirts, jackets, and whatnot. "And... Your father will talk to you after dinner." She said slowly and I sat down on the edge of the bed.