2. Fehrman Island

Treasure - Bruno Mars

I laughed at Jimin's remark. "Did you see him?" I asked when I ensured that we were far away from the entrance so I knew the boy couldn't hear us anymore.

"Him? Who?" Jimin turned around, but the boy wasn't there anymore.

"Must be the first year, he had bags in his hands," I replied, rubbing the sweat off my forehead that had started beading due to the sun.

Jimin couldn't stop the judgemental smile on his face. "Was he kind of cute too?" He asked me.

"Kinda cute? No, definitely cute." I emphasized.

"I don't understand the craze over the freshers everyone has. If anything, we should be more empathetic towards them for the hell they have thrust themselves into."

"Not everyone is here because they have to, Jimin. Some people actually want to become doctors." I replied exasperatedly.

"Point to be taken into consideration, Tae. You are here to become a doctor, not fall for anyone you see the first thing in the morning." Jimin poked his finger at my rib.

"If that was the case, I would have been head over heels for you."

We were laughing when they all arrived, Rosenow, Christoph, Hoseok, and, Anja. Our classmates, friends, and partners in crime.

"So... Where is he?" Anja asked us and we dumbfoundedly stared at her.

"I thought you were arranging the cabs," Jimin questioned.

Hoseok glared at us as if he was looking at the anatomy of an intestine spewed out at the table in the open. "I can't believe you two," he mumbled in Korean.

This was our thing, whenever anyone of us was angry or in the mood for some anecdotes, Korean came to us naturally. The same was the case with Christoph, Anja, and Rosenow. The speed with which they spewed Geman at each other still amazed us, albeit we weren't bad at German either.

Rosenow sighed and pulled out her phone as Jimin looked at her with apologetic eyes. "It's okay, I will call the guy who took my uncle on the tour."

Last year, we went to Croatia in the summer. Being in the heart of Europe with stunning landscapes, Germany had many things to offer in summers and winters. For three years, we celebrated Jimin's birthday in a killer place like that. The last one was on the boats, ferries, and beachside restaurants, and it was completely surreal.

Jungkook

I smiled at the lady who was working on her computer and looked up at me. "Guten Tag! Ich heiße Jeon Jungkook," I introduced myself. "Könnte ich bitte die Passwort-Kombination zu meinem Zimmer im Studentenwohnheim haben."

(Can I please have a passcode combination for my dorm?)

She smiled before taking out a brochure that I accepted in my hand and scrutinizing the several languages it was printed in. It brought a sense of appreciation to my head. I could read German well, but it was still a work in progress as I couldn't understand all of it. So I turned the page over to find the instructions written in English.