4. Breathtaking view in Fehrman

Don't Wanna Be Alone -Simon Curtis (8-Bit Heart)

By the time I and Ulrich reached the island, it felt to me he was already someone I felt happy with. We shared many stories about our culture, festivals, and food. I even invited him to Korea on the first break we would get. I have always been a big believer in destiny. He became my friend and wasn't anything less. I was extremely excited about this stint.

The island was a bit cold and I was happy that I at least packed a few winter wears that my mother had bought for me. We stalked towards the campsite that was a few kilometers from the homestay we had booked. Actually, Ulrich had booked. "Do you want to dump our camping gear first?" Ulrich asked. 

"And then go to the resort? Won't it get stolen if we leave it like this?" I asked, trying to read the struggle on his face. 

"I am tired," he huffed out and shook his head. "I can't carry these. Besides, no one will touch the gear. At least not the big ones." He mumbled the last sentence. 

"Okay, we leave one tent and I will carry your gear. If one gets stolen, at least we will have one to share."

"Thank you, Jung kook." He hugged me, feigning gratefulness. 

He played around with my name all this while. We walked to our resort. It was a decent place. My whole life, I'd been living in luxurious hotels in every new city I visited, so I never experienced anything else. This was finally the time I saw everything in life. There were many resorts lined up alongside ours, all facing a common beach. The sun was up, lighting up everything in its sight. I felt calm as I breathed in the salty air.

After walking from the campsite to the resort, I was sweating a little so I took off my windbreaker as I got inside the room. "Are we sharing?" I asked Ulrich as I looked back at him conveying his luggage. 

"Would you rather pay the double amount for not staying here at all? We will camp anyway." 

I nodded. He was right. We were also going to share the dormitory so it wasn't a big deal. I didn't need my own room. "Let's go grab a beer and something to eat. We will then move to the campsite." Ulrich propositioned. 

We freshened up quickly, changing into the shirts and Bermudas with our floaters. I let Ulrich pay for the meal. I wanted to pay for everything, but I didn't want him to know I was loaded yet. I didn't need one more friend that was with me for my money. 

"I will pay back my share," I told Ulrich.

He chuckled. "We are going to stay together for six years. Let's not keep track of the expenses like this." 

"On the contrary, I will pay you every single penny on our last day. Watch me." I grinned back at him. I was tipsier than him. I haven't drunk much in my life before, but it was going to change. 

The island was the hotspot for water sports. We decided to take the water route instead of going to the campsite on foot. Everything about our plan was impromptu. We didn't know what we were going to do in the next hour, but we just went with whatever popped up in our minds. 

As we boarded the ferry, I felt the surrealism of nature. It spoke to me silently and I closed my eyes at the dock, holding the metallic barricade.