6. Party of seniors

Why Mona - Wannabe

Jungkook

Today was the day we first attended our classes. The subjects were taught in English, but there was a lot of German used in between the lectures. I guess it was a good thing I made a German friend. Ulrich seemed to be ahead of me in many ways as I knew he was tutored by Jimin. Thinking about him fetched many ever-lasting and embarrassing memories.

On the island, I couldn't bring myself to face the group after our supposed dinner so I left and crashed in our resort. The next day, we left early and visited the tourist attractions. I stumbled upon the group of seniors here and there as we were also visiting the same places, but I did my best to avoid looking at them.

More than anything, I wanted this to be an ephemeral feeling after my interaction with Jimin, but I couldn't get him out of my head for three weeks straight. He was always there in my room when I closed my eyes to sleep.

"Hey," Ulrich stalked up to me and slung his arm around my shoulders. "What are you thinking? Are you good with classes?" He continued to ask. "I can help you if you want."

"You can definitely help me," I thought about how to not make it obvious by asking what I was intending. "What do I have to do to become popular?"

Ulrich squinted his eyes at me suspiciously. "I am not the right person to tell you that as you can see we are the last benchers."

"I can help," we heard a familiar voice and I turned around towards the innocuous offer coming from the man.

"Taehyung Hyung!" I automatically smiled and Ulrich did the same, only he referred to the senior as sir, as everyone in the university did.

I felt disappointed when I didn't see Jimin with him because they were mostly together, but I also felt relieved. I hadn't the courage to face him yet.

"We are having a party tonight, come over. I can introduce you to some people from the sports club and dance club if you are into those things. Popularity picks up quickly from there."

"I didn't mean it in that way," I admonished my own words. "it's just-"

"You don't need to explain anything to me, Jungkook." Hyung chuckled as he trudged toward us. "Let's go get some coffee." He asked, jutting his head towards the direction of the cafeteria after looking at me and Ulrich one by one.

I widened my eyes at Ulrich gleefully. He didn't look the happiest. Now that I thought about it, he always avoided hanging around this group. It could be awkward for him as his cousin was dating Jimin. Almost felt too bad for Ulrich, almost. But I needed to get close to at least one person in the group.

My heart dropped when I found Jimin standing with Hoseok Hyung in front of the coffee machine. His eyes scrutinized my body from toe to head all the while he spoke to his friend and befuddled me. My fragile condition was worsening, but I have never been so thankful for girls hitting on me as I did at that moment.

A few of fellow classmates were standing in the cafeteria and they waved at me. I ludicrously sauntered towards them, ignoring the group of seniors, but gripping Ulrich's hand as he got dragged behind me with a hiss. Poor Ulrich.