Wildfire

Elyse walked over to Rick who was staring out to the sunrise over Atlanta, a walkie-talkie in hand.

She took a seat by him on the ground, him giving her a soft smile while he holds the walkie-talkie.

"Morgan, I don't know if you're out there. I don't know if you can hear me. Maybe you're listening right now. I hope so. I found others... my family if you can believe it. My wife and son, they're alive. I wanted you to know that. There's something else you need to know. Atlanta isn't what we thought. It's not what they promised. The city is... Do not enter the city. It belongs to the dead now. We're camped a few miles northwest, up by a big abandoned rock quarry. You can see it on a map. I hope you come find us. But be careful. Last night walkers came out of the woods. We lost people. Watch yourself, Morgan. Take care of your boy. I'll try you again tomorrow at dawn." He placed the walkie-talkie down.

"How you feeling?" He asks her.

"I could be better, I think Emily is the one we should be worried about," she sighed, "She hasn't spoken to anyone since Shane brought her to her tent."

"She just lost someone close to her, I think for her just losing Eren, her not talking is a better sign," He says.

"Yeah...maybe," she said playing with some of the grass on the ground.

"I mean it though, how are you feeling?"

She sighed and thought for a second, "I feel....I don't know how I feel. Tired, maybe? The past couple of months have been nothing but sleepless nights and fearing for everyone's lives at the camp," she says looking as Rick, "If Shane hadn't told us you were dead I probably would have tried finding you, I should've known better," she paused, "I should've found you."

"But you didn't and I'm here now, alive."

"Which I'm grateful for, I know everyone else is too. Remind me to thank this Morgan guy if I ever meet him," she laughs looking out to the glowing city, "Do you remember that time back in tenth grade when we went to the roller rink?"

"Of course, it's the time you fell flat on your ass, and Emily and I had to carry you out," he laughs, "why do you bring it up?"

"I was watching Carl play the other day, with Sophia, he had a stick and a rock," Elyse sighed, "He's never gonna have a normal childhood, never gonna have normal memories. All he's gonna have is his thoughts plagued by walkers."

Rick sighed, "You're right, but god I wish you were wrong," he looks over to her, "let's head back, they'll probably need help out."

Elyse nods and they both get off and head back towards the camp.

Elyse looks around to see Andrea hunched over Amy's body, waiting.

"Andrea. I'm so sorry. She's gone. You got to let us take her. We all cared about her and I promise we'll be as gentle as we can," Lori says walking up to her. She doesn't move, doesn't even acknowledge her presence.

Elyse watches as the rest of the group starts cleaning up, burning walker bodies, and burying the dead from their group, which included Eren.

"She still won't move?" Rick asks as Lori walks back over to Rick and Elyse.

"She won't even talk to us. She's been there all night. What do we do?"

"Can't just leave Amy like that," Shane says walking over, "We need to deal with it same as the others."

"I'll tell her how it is," Rick says, walking over to her.

"Andrea," He says, but gets a gun pulled on him.