What lies ahead

Elyse looked over to Emily who was just staring out the window, listening to the subtle sound of Elyse's CDs.

"How are you feeling?" She asked. Emily didn't say anything. She just shrugged.

"Are you hungry? I think I have a granola bar in the glovebox," Elyse said pointing.

Emily shifted in her seat and opened the glovebox. The granola bar sat there, unopened. She carefully took the wrapping off and went to bring it to her mouth, until a hot breath was on the back of her neck.

She sighed, "Here," she said giving it to Gizmo.

"Hey!" Elyse said, "You just gave it to the dog."

"He's hungry," Emily said dully.

Elyse just shook her head and continued driving, following the others, only to realize they were slowing down until they came to a complete stop.

"Come on, let's go check it out," Elyse says to Emily, her nodding.

They walk up to the RV only to see the entire interstate covered in cars.

"Oh jeez. Aw no, see a way through?" Dale asks turning to Glenn.

"Uh, maybe we should just go back there's an interstate bypass."

"We can't spare the fuel," Dale answers while shrugging. He walks over to his toolbox and starts to work on his RV. The engine sputters and he sighed in frustration, "I said it. Didn't I say it? A thousand times. Dead in the water."

"Problem, Dale?" Rick asks walking up to Emily and Elyse. The rest of the group walking over as well.

"Just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of-" he looks around at the many cars, "okay, that was dumb."

"If you can't find a radiator hose here..." Shane says trailing off.

"There's a whole bunch of stuff we can find," Daryl says walking over standing next to Emily.

"I can siphon more fuel from these cars for a start," T-Dog says.

"Maybe some water," Carol says looking around.

"Or food," Glenn says.

"This is a graveyard. I don't know how I feel about this," Lori says, looking around at some of the cars that have corpses inside.

"Come on, y'all. Just look around, gather what you can," T-Dog says. Everyone nods.

"Where are you going?" Elyse asks Emily as she walks away.

"I'm gonna see if I can find any stuff for the girls. You?"

"I'm gonna stay here with Dale," Elyse says, Emily nodding while she walks off.

Dale and Elyse make their way up onto the top of the RV, widening their eyes in surprise when an entire herd of walkers starts approaching.

"Rick!" Elyse whisper shouts, he turns for a second, then goes back to what he's doing, "Rick!" He looks back over at her.

"What?" She nods her head the way the walkers are and his eyes go wide.

"Oh christ. Lori, under the cars," He says, crawling under. Thankfully everyone else who was around followed.

"Dale, get down," Elyse says flattening her body on the top of the RV, Dale following.

'Oh, God. I hope Emily's okay.' Elyse thinks to herself, not remembering seeing Emily duck under a car.

"Shit," Emily said as she tripped on something, making her fall to the ground.

"...Under the cars." She heard, she turned her head to see many pairs of shuffling feet making their way towards the group.