TS-19

The group just stands still while the light shines on them.

"Daryl," Elyse shouts, "You cover the back."

"Hello? Hello?" Rick says more to himself than anyone.

They all walk in, only to see the lobby is empty.

"Hello?" Emily says.

A gun cocks and everyone turns their heads. A tall man is standing in the doorway with a rifle.

"Anybody infected?"

"One of our group was," Rick says, "He didn't make it."

"Why are you here? What do you want?"

"A chance."

"That's asking an awful lot these days."

"I know."

He looks around the group, "You all submit a blood test. That's the price of admission."

"We can do that."

He lowers his gun, "You got stuff to bring in, you do it now. Once this door closes, it stays closed."

They all nod, running back outside grabbing their things. They make it back inside and get in the elevator with the man.

"VI, seal the main entrance. Kill the power up here," the man says.

"Rick Grimes." Rick puts his hand out for him to shake but he just looks at it.

"Dr. Edwin Jenner."

"Doctors always go around packing heat like that?" Daryl asks looking at his gun.

"There were plenty left lying around. I familiarized myself. But you look harmless enough," He looks at Carl, "Except you, I'll have to keep my eye on you."

Carl smiles back.

Finally, the elevator stops, and they all get out.

"Are we underground?" Carol asks.

"Are you claustrophobic?"

"A little."

"Try not to think about it," Jenner says leading the group into a very darkened space, "VI, bring up lights in the big room."

A soft hum and beeping coming from the room, casting it in light.

"Welcome to Zone 5." Jenner welcomes.

"Where is everybody? The other doctors, the staff?" Emily questions.

"I'm it. It's just me here."

"What about the other person you were speaking with? VI?" Lori asks.

He smiles, "VI, say hello to our guest. Tell them... Welcome."

"Hello, guests. Welcome."

"I'm all that's left. I'm sorry." He says looking around the group.

"It's better than nothing," Elyse starts, "Thanks for lettin' us be here."

He nods, "Now, let's all get your blood drawn."

Elyse shudders, "I hate needles," she says to herself more than anyone.

"Me too," Daryl says. She looks over surprised, then nods.

She waited her turn to get her blood drawn, luckily for her she didn't pass out.

Andrea was finally the last person to get her blood drawn, but right when she stood up she started to blackout.