Save the last one

"That gunshot-" Emily said, "That gunshot we heard out there, it was Carl," Emily said sitting in the passenger seat in the car Glenn was driving to the farm.

"We didn't think it was anything," Glenn said, "But it was the kid."

Emily just nodded tears in her eyes.

"How are you feeling T-Dog?"

"Like a million bucks, thanks to Daryl and Merle's stash," T-Dog said shivering, wrapping the blanket around him closer

Emily laughed. The others stayed on the road, waiting the night out to see if Sophia would come back.

Glenn had an obligation to T-Dog to get him to the Greene farmhouse, and Emily had an obligation to Carl to be there for him.

The drive took longer than expected. Glenn took a few wrong turns, and it didn't help that it was pitch black.

By the time they figured out which way to go, it had been an hour since they left camp on the interstate.

"There!" Emily said as she saw a mailbox with the name 'Greene' painted on the side.

They rolled in, making their way to the gate. Glenn got out and undid the latch, got back in the car to drive it forward, and then hoped back out to close the latch on the gate.

"You could've helped me," He said turning to Emily.

"I could've, but looks like you had it handled," Emily responded.

Glenn rolled his eyes, turning to check on T-Dog who was fast asleep in the back.

He drove the car down the long road, pulling into the same area where Lori and Rick had just been crying earlier.

"So do we ring the bell?" Glenn asked getting out of the car, "I mean it looks like people live here," He said looking around.

"Why wouldn't we?" Emily asked helping T-Dog out of the car.

"We're past this kind of stuff, aren't we? Having to be considerate?" T-Dog asked.

Emily shrugged, walking with T-Dog and Glenn to the porch.

"Did you close the gate up the road when you drove in?" The girl who rode in on a horse asked. Maggie.

"Uh, hi," Glenn said startled, "Yes, we closed it. Did the latch and everything. Hello. Nice to see you again. We met before briefly."

Emily threw up a quick peace sign which Maggie nodded to.

"Look, we came to help. There anything we can do?" Maggie didn't say anything, she was focused on the bandage seeping with blood on T-Dog's arm. "It's not a bite. I cut myself pretty bad though."

"We'll have it looked at," Maggie said, "I'll tell them you're here."

"We have some painkillers and antibiotics," Glenn says reaching into his pocket, pulling out the drugs Daryl gave to them. "I already gave him some. If Carl needs any," He tossed the bottle to Maggie.

"Come on inside. I'll make you something to eat," Maggie said opening the door.

"Uh actually," Emily said, "Can you show me to Carl? He's my nephew." She wiped her nose on her hoodie.

Maggie nodded and told the others to wait where they were, leading Emily to Carl's room.

When Maggie opened the door everyone turned their heads.

Elyse rushed over to Emily, engulfing her in a hug.

"It's bad," Elyse whispered in her ear. Emily looked at her then to the bed, looking at a saddened Lori and Rick, hunched over a broken Carl.