Chapter 8: Switch

Jameson Jackson arrived back at the hospital in which he'd been staying for the past few days. 

"That demon's going to PAY." He hissed in his head, going to his room for the night to set up his plan. 

Soon, it was the next day. Jameson had announced he was going to set up another puppet show, but this time without any interruptions.. at least, not from Anti. As the egos helped him set up for his show once again, JJ glanced over at the demon amongst the others. With a bit of hesitation, he slowly walked over, grabbing Anti's sleeve and bringing him into a separate room. 

"Hey.. I really appreciate you apologizing.." He spoke in his head, smiling softly up at Anti. All part of an act to get what he really wants. 

And Anti was falling for it. "Wait- really?" He asked, a small smile forming on his face. Jameson nodded in reply.

"Of course!.. I think it was really sweet of you..!"

Anti only smiled more. "Awh, that's good.. With the way you reacted, I was worried you'd never forgive me.."

"Who could stay mad at you?" Jameson teased, smiling more. "Uh, sidenote.. There's something.. really special I want to do for this play, and-.. I really want some help-.. Marvin told me that certain people with a bunch of power could pass it onto someone else.. He said he didn't know me well enough to just "hand over" his, so could I maybe borrow some of yours..?" He asked, glancing up at Anti with innocent blue eyes, gently running his fingers up Anti's forearms..

Anti was all worked up now, completely under the spell that Jameson had cast onto him. "W-well-- I guess I do owe you, right?-" He replied weakly, chuckling a bit. 

Jameson lit up. "Ooh, thank you!" He said happily, giving Anti a quick hug. 

Anti quickly shoved him off. "Not to be rude or anything-.. but the show's about to start-- so we should probably hurry this up-" He said, chuckling a little. 

"Right-.. right- sorry." Jameson replied weakly, letting out a soft chuckle as well. "So, how do we-" But before he could finish his sentence, Anti grabbed Jameson's arms, his eyes going completely black as shocks went through JJ's entire body, making him hiss in pain, suddenly yanking his arms away. "Oi--! What the hell was that?!--" He asked in a slight panic. Anti quickly shook his head, his eyes going back to their normal colors. 

"Don't worry, I just passed along some of my power-.. didn't do it to hurt you-.." Anti spoke in a soft tone, taking JJ by surprise. 

"Well-.. Thank you.." He said softly, smiling a bit. "I should probably start the show now- I don't want to keep my audience waiting!" He said happily, before quickly running out.. It was all going perfectly. 

It wasn't long before JJ was putting on his puppet show, just as he did a few days earlier. It went off without a hitch, and everyone was laughing..

That was, before the show ended. 

As he bowed to the egos for his performance, he leaned up. "Now, my fine gentlemen, just to show there's no hard feelings, I'd like to welcome Anti to the stage for a surprise second act!" He chirped, before one of his eyes went black, strings wrapping around Anti and forcefully yanking him up to the stage..

The egos froze. The air in the room got heavy. 

"I'd just like to thank you, Anti! You're gonna make a GREAT addition to my show!" He said in his happy tone, before the strings shot into Anti's body, making him cry out in pain.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" He snapped, glaring back at Jameson. 

"Exactly what you did to me." He replied lowly, before Anti started to lift up in the air, struggling to move in any way he could.. But the strings kept him paralyzed.

"KNOCK THIS OFF RIGHT NOW! I CREATED YOU!!" he shouted, to no avail. Jameson only glared up at Anti, hate brewing in his eyes, not saying a single word.. 

Just as JJ was getting comfortable, however, Marvin suddenly sprinted up to the stage and grabbed Jameson, forcing him to drop Anti. In a matter of a few seconds, JJ was pinned to the ground, the egos surrounding him, helping to keep him down.In his rage, JJ suddenly shot a ball of electricity out from his body, shooting them all back and running for the exit..Anti, however, quickly followed him and grabbed the back of his shirt, yanking him close and glitching them to his home, taking hold of his shoulders and taking his power back.

"Jameson, WHAT THE HELL?!"