Chapter 4: Silence

As soon as JJ saw Anti, he quickly jumped off the couch, keeping a close eye on him.
"Hey- hey- it's okay- sit down-"
No. There's no way he's getting anywhere near him. He's just gonna hurt him again, right? That's all he wants to do..

Remaining silent, Anti closed his eyes.. And when he opened them, they were pitch black. JJ found himself moving to sit down, fighting against himself to stay away from the demon, which was now beside him.
Oh god, oh god, oh g-
"Relax. I'm not gonna kill you or anything."
You're lying!-
"No, I'm not!" Anti snapped defensively, glaring at JJ, who quickly went silent, looking away. The demon sighed, his eyes going back to their normal green. "Look. I'm trying to make things better, so just listen, alright? I-.. didn't mean to snap at you like that. I just- don't like being pushed around."
And I don't like being choked until I'm unconscious..
"You're being too sensitive! I do that to everyone," Anti said, trying to lighten the mood, if only a little, which of course, didn't work.
Just.. give me space, alright?
"You don't need space."
JJ looked at Anti. What do you mean, I don't need space?
"You're not your own person. I made you, remember? I don't listen to you. YOU listen to ME. And I say you don't need space."
I- that- makes no sense. at all.
"You just came into the world like- two days ago. You barely know anything about the world."
Wh-- JJ wanted to say more, but he knew he would cause an argument. He wasn't feeling like he wanted to get hurt over small things.. Again. So he just remained silent, as did Anti.
The two allowed a few moments to pass, before JJ let out a small sigh.
Let's just.. Set some boundaries, okay?.. Don't choke- or stab- or do any other harmful things to me. I know you-- made me- or whatever your excuse is, but I have feelings, too.. I need you to be sensitive with me..
Anti scoffed. "I--.. Fine. But don't expect it to go well. I'm unstable, and you WILL get hurt." He snapped, crossing his arms. "..by the way. You should put on a little puppet show tomorrow. There are other egos coming around.. It'll be a good introduction."

(Hi everyone! Sorry I kind of went silent- I wrote a lot too fast and I got burnt out really quick. I'll try to pace myself this time, and focus harder on each chapter i write. Thank you for your support and patience! ❤)