Chapter 9: Understanding

"What were you THINKING?!" Anti snapped at the man in front of him, grabbing his shoulders tight in desperation, taking the power that he stole. "They'll NEVER forgive you after this!-- I'LL never forgive you for this!!- Do you know what could HAPPEN TO YOU NOW?! You're lucky I got you out of there!"

Jameson was completely frozen. He couldn't hear Anti lecturing him over the sound of his own thoughts crashing into each other.. All he could do was helplessly stare at the floor, the weight of his actions slowly setting in.

"Seriously JJ! You've barely been here a month and you've already--" "Anti?"

"..Yeah?.."

"I'm scared.." Jameson thought weakly, grabbing Anti's arms. Anti completely froze up at this. It's been a while since he's seen someone like this..

He saw himself in Jameson.

"Hey, hey-- I get it. You wanted to get even, yeah?" He said softly, smiling a bit. "Let's just count that incident as my favor to you-..

"Anti, no-.. I'm scared of myself-.. I'm scared of you.. I'm scared of what the egos think of me now-.. I-I haven't had a single calm moment in the days I've been alive-.. I'm scared that this'll just keep going-.."
As Jameson spoke, Anti sighed a bit, before pulling him into a soft hug. "..Look-.. I know I haven't been the best. I've been really hot and cold, and-.. you shouldn't blame yourself for what you did, okay?- I pushed you too much.. you've been under a lot of stress.. I'm sure the egos will understand-.." 

Jameson looked up at the demon, seeing his caring expression.. it brought him relief, if only a little. "..Thanks.."

Anti smiled more. "This doesn't mean I'm taking it easy on you. I'm still your superior. And as an ORDER, we're gonna take today and tomorrow easy. Understand?"
Jameson nodded, looking away.

"Good."

With a small sigh, JJ pushed Anti off and sat down on the couch, bringing his knees to his chest. "I still don't know what I was thinking.. I took your powers from you and used them against you.."
"Pretty smart, actually-" Anti complimented, sitting down next to him. "I didn't even catch on. You just looked so-... that's- besides the point though.. I understand why you did it. I don't think you're a bad person-.." the demon continued, wrapping an arm around him. JJ froze up a bit.

"Still, I really shouldn't have done that-.." Jameson muttered, leaning against Anti's shoulder, taking his hat off and throwing it at the table in front of them. "It was really, really dumb-.."

The demon sighed. "Aww, come on-... you aren't the only one who made a mistake like that- if you were alive to see what I did to the egos-.." He said with a weak chuckle. "Just relax. You're fine." Jameson sighed.

"I'm sure you're right.."

"I know I am. Now," Anti spoke, "how about we watch a movie or something? Let's get your mind off this whole thing.." 
"That sounds nice," Jameson replied softly.

It wasn't long before the two picked out a movie, and were watching peacefully on the couch.. At least, Anti was. JJ was stuck in his thoughts, blankly staring at the TV screen.. Anti quickly took notice of this, however. While still watching the TV, he took a peek into JJ's thoughts..

"What am I gonna do? They'll never forgive me for this. What does Anti want from me? He shouldn't be this nice. Maybe he's gonna get me back. There's probably already strings around my wrists that I haven't noticed yet. Maybe I should-"       "You okay?" Anti asked, snapping JJ out of his thoughts. 

"O-oh-.. Yes, I'm fine-" He replied softly, looking down. Anti nodded a bit. 
"Right.. I'll choose to believe you." He said softly, before grabbing one of JJ's hands. "Just know you can talk to me, alright? I was in the same position as you once." Jameson looked up at him and nodded, smiling a little. 

"Thank you.."

"Of course.. You know- I think it's getting a bit late.. How about you get some sleep?" The demon spoke, running his fingers through Jameson's hair.

"A-ah-.. I suppose that's a good idea-.. but I don't really feel like getting up.." JJ replied softly. 

"That's fine- I could carry you u--"
"Ooh, oh, no that's--" Jameson said quickly. "I-I mean I shouldn't be lazy, or-- Well- If you're offering--" He stuttered, making Anti chuckle softly and pick him up. 

"Just say yes next time, alright?" He said in a teasing tone. JJ blushed softly and nodded as Anti reached down and grabbed his hat, plopping it onto his head. 

As Anti carried Jameson upstairs to his bedroom, Jameson couldn't help but notice how happy Anti was.. When he first met him he was so strict, but in a matter of a few days managed to melt him down to such a sweet man.. He also noticed his soft expression, having a small smile on his face, his eyes having a slight glaze over them, the same a man has when stuck in his thoughts..

When they got to the bedroom, Anti laid JJ down on his bed. "..Sleep well, Jameson." Anti said softly, smiling. JJ, however, wasn't done with him. 

"I will- but you should stay.." He said, pulling Anti into the bed right beside him. "I don't know if demons sleep or not, but the least you could do is keep me company.." Anti froze up a bit, before leaning up a bit.

"W-well- I have a lot to do-.. well not much, but I should really get them done, and- I don't wanna be anymore of a burden or anything-"
Jameson chuckled and sighed. "Just say yes next time," JJ teased, causing Anti to freeze up and chuckle.

"Don't use my own words against me, dumbass." He teased, before pulling Jameson close. "Just go to sleep. You're probably exhausted.."

JJ smiled, somehow feeling safe in Anti's company. "Of course-.." He said softly, resting his head against Anti's chest. "Good night, Anti.

"Good night, JJ."