3

When you were younger there was a villain that used to work for All For One. You were 8 years old when you first met him. It had been two years since your parents died, two years since you met All For One, two years since your hatred for heroes was born. You were wandering through the large empty hallways of one of All For One's bases, playing hide and seek with Tomura, when you passed a room.

You paused, pressing your ear to the door, and then you heard it again. The soft strumming of fingers on guitar strings, the delicate notes dancing through the key hole. You were entranced by the music and slid down to sit on the door, closing your eyes and letting the sound wash over you. It was calming and beautiful, unlike everything else in your life.

You sat there, completely forgetting that you were supposed to be playing with Tomura, until the door swung open and you fell into the room. You blew a strand of hair out your face and looked up. A man was lookin down at you, a guitar in his hand.

"Who are you?" he asked, his voice was soft, musical.

"Y-Y/N," you said, your voice shaking. "S-sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop, I j-just-"

"It's alright," the man knelt down and smiled kindly at you. "Do you like music?"

"I... I think so..."

"You think so?"

"I-I haven't listened to music that much," you admitted.

The man nodded to his guitar and smiled again. "Would you like me to teach you?"

Your eyes widened, excitement flaring in your chest. "Yes please!"

And that's how you learned to love music. The man worked with All For One for another two years, and during that time he taught you to all about music. Truth was he felt sorry for you, he knew what All For One's plans were for you, even though you yourself didn't.

You grew to love the man, who almost reminded you of a father. Then one day he left for a mission and he didn't come back.

You were told he was killed by the heroes.

~~~

You lie on your bed, resting your head against the wall and staring off into space, absentmindedly strumming on your guitar. You hum softly to yourself, a little tune that has been playing in your head for the past few days.

The door bursts open and you leap nearly three feet in the air, swearing violently as your guitar clatters to the floor. You kneel on your bed and glare at your brother, who's hanging back in the doorway, a look of childish glee on his face.

You grab a pillow and hurl it at his head. "TOMURA, WHAT THE FUCK!"

Tomura catches the pillow and uses his quirk to turn it to ash.

A rage that only a sibling is able to incite rises in you and you reach across to your bedside table. You pick up the dagger you'd left there last night and chuck that at his head. It impales itself in the wood of the doorframe, half an inch from Tomura's face.

Now its Tomura's turn to glare at you. "Y/N!"

"STOP DESTROYING MY PILLOWS! NOW YOU HAVE TO SWEEP THAT UP AND BUY ME A NEW ONE!"

"I'M NOT DOING THAT!" Tomura shouts back.

"YES, YOU ARE!"

"NO, I'M NOT!"

"YES!"

"NO!"

"YES!"

"NO!"

"UGH! I hate you so much, what are you even doing in my room anyway. Get out."

Tomura glares at you, scratching his neck. You open your mouth to scold him for it but then he stops and smiles, sticking his hand out. He's holding something. A letter. "This was delivered to the address we put down on your UA application."