chapter 6 (first mission.)

-Hitokori's pov-

As hitokori neared the mission desk curious glances were shot his way.

Shinobi after all were creatures of suspicion, it was only natural they'd  want to asses the new variable in the room.

Read: him

He took measured Steps towards the chunin manning the desk.

"Any missions available?" He asked tone polite but words to the point.

The chunin assessed the boy, he had the standard jonin uniform on and a Hitai-ate but he was a child no older than 16 atleast and konoha didn't promote child soldiers, right?

Even if they did, a child entering and passing the jonin exams would have been all everyone would talk about he must just look younger than he actually is.

If only.

"Hai I have a mission to suna to deliver a scroll, the mission parameters are in this seperate scroll." The chunin handed him a scroll.

Hitokori nodded his head and promptly left eyes baring holes into his back as he left the office.

Once he reached his home he opened the scroll for the mission

~

Mission: deliver the scroll (accessed by pushing chakra into seal of current scroll)
to the kazekage of sunagakure
Rank:b
Payment: 50,000 ryo
Duration: 5 days
~

He packed for five days travel he estimated it would take him 2 1/2 days to get there.

He jumped from roof to roof  through konoha and to the gates.

He passed the sleeping guards and resumed jumping from tree to tree after all it was midday, whilst he didn't need to get there urgently he didn't really want to be out of the village for long.
He in the few days he had been in the village could say with absolute certainty that he would protect it with everything he had.

Only kami-sama knows why though.

~

As he neared the gates of suna he saw their guards alert but not outright hostile.

"State your business shinobi-san." One with sandy blonde hair and a wicked scar across his face said.

"Shinobi of konohagakure here to deliver a scroll to kazekage-sama" hitokori answered without preamble.

The guards nodded to each other before letting him through.

He walked towards the massive building that stood out from the rest as he assumed that it was the kazekage tower.

~

Hitokori neared the gates of konoha after cutting his mission by a day.

As he walked through the gates he took konoha in with all its night-time glory.

Hitokori never really fit.

He didn't actively seek out conversation or even companionship.

He never stayed in one place to long and when he did (as rare as it was) he would look at the village much like how he was doing now and feel nothing.

This is how he would judge whether he should stay in a village or not.

Not once in the few years he had tried to let go of the nomadic lifestyle he had adopted did he ever feel such a pull to a village.

The will of fire mabye? He didn't know but unlike many a mystery that he had solved after having these types of thoughts he decided he did not mind

now looking over the bustling village- city really he couldn't help but feel
Belonging.

In that moment he knew with a vicious certainty that konoha was6 his home

~

Hello! Hope you guys like the re-write of this chapter

Word count:571