chapter 9 (well what the fuck is even happening?)

Hitokori's pov

Hitokori after the heart to heart with boruto, made the blonde and himself food.

As he sautéed onions and added tomato to the soup he was making he hummed a light tune.

It was already 12 so he was making potato bread and a tomato soup.

Boruto was sat In his living room, revising for his genin exam.

~

Kami-dammit!

Can't he have a week where something doesn't go wrong.

His dinner with the uchiha family went alright if a bit strained but it was to be expected.

The older two of the family looked at him with nostalgia and he didn't know how to feel about that.

But that was beside the point.

After the dinner he and sarada had talked and y'know what she was (in his humble opinion) kickass.
That was all he had to say.

He was somewhat glad he decided to give this a chance. (he says that like he would have refused, and maybe he would have but he didn't sue him)
They had a few things in common, the biggest being?

She loves tea.

He also loved tea.

(Oh the joys of common interests and how they endear you to estranged family members)

After having a debate about the pros and cons of some tea flavours vs other tea flavour he offered they go to a local tea house.

She, in all her 11 year old excitement, accepted sighting that she needed to grab a change of clothes.

"Hitokori-chan why are we going in the evening?" The 'chan' added at the end of his name made him smile.

"Why do it any time other than now?" He asked his tone jovial.

"Fair." She conceded.
~

After an eventful evening of talking about anything and everything,
from cooking tips to how much force it would theoretically take from one of their mothers infamous punches to reduce someone to atoms they parted a street from the the Uchiha's residence.

He began to walk home but couldn't shake the feeling that something was happening.

He decided, for his peace of mind, to head to where he left sarada.

The sight that met him was something truly ugly, it was obvious what was happening and yet he wanted it to simply be a mugging or a random attack for it to be bloodline theft....it truly disgusts him. (It was human some would argue, for one to want that which has not be granted to the people as a whole, however to want and to take are two different things.)

Sarada was being attacked from all sides the assailants specifically aiming for the eyes. (a targeted attack then)

He quickly put the enemy nin (shinobi? but that... shinobi more than any knew what a taboo it was to go after another's kekegenkai ) Under a genjutsu keep them in a constant loop of unending no doubt traumatizing 'torture' he then appeared at sarada side with a quick shunshin after of course making sure the shinobi were all out cold from the genjutsu that had only been enhanced with his sharingan (that he had used unconsciously which was interesting but ultimately unimportant right now.)

"Sara." That was all it took for the tiniest uchiha to engulf him in a hug, her fire chakra curling around him unconsciously in an embrace.

He let out the smallest sound of 'hn'

He flared his chakra in the Konoha standard sign for 'A.P.P.R.E.H.E.N.D.E.D I.N.T.R.U.D.E.R.S'.

Once he left sarada in the hands of his mother he headed home, with a promise to train sometime of course.

~

He visited the T & I building.

The 10 shinobi who had tried and failed to capture sarada (again) were still not talking or giving the reason why.

He didn't know why the nanadaime wasn't letting the people in T & I use torture techniques.

It was quite literally in the name.

The yamanaka mind technique was not working and they would not talk without incentive, was his guess.

Who fucking knew what was going on.

He didn't that's for sure.
~

It had been about a week since the whole incident and Hitokori had been training sarada.

She had improved markedly.

Boruto was also in there session though he was more interested in honing his chakra sensing for some bizarre reason though it was not an unwelcome endeavour , after all many shinobi didn't realize the potential boon a half competent sensor was in a lot of scenarios.

They had finally figured out who and why those shinobi attacked sarada.

Iwa was starting to get a bit anxious with all the power Konoha hold (fucking typical) and so decided that they wanted to cripple the next generation. 

It was fucking disgusting.

War was on the horizon.

He was so fucking sure.

But there was also that other thing the hokage had specifically needed more nin for.

He sighed.

What a mess.

------------------------------------------------------------
Yo! Hope you enjoyed this re done chapter.
This is where the original attempt at this story and the new plot finally veer away from each other.
If you haven't read this before, well all I can say is I am glad.
No really I swear to literally every deity why I thought just over powering hitokori and having this story in first person was ever a good idea will continue to be a mystery to me.

Word count:839