chapter 8 (sarada!)

"Senpai!!! Wake up."boruto screams outside the apartment door panicked and frightened, close to tears.

"Mahh blondy? What's so important you wake me at-"
He checks the clock
"-3 am?" 

"ITS SARADA SHE WAS KIDNAPPED." He shouted hitokori winced before taking in the situation.

Fuck did he say before?
Not his clown not his circus.
Well.
Too bad.

"Go get the hokage. Tell him I'm going to track her." He said calmly.
It wouldn't do if he also acted like the headless chicken boruto resembled at the moment.

He strapped a katana to his waist over his standards jounin blues, his long-ish black hair tied out of the way.

He also put on his hitiate, wouldn't do to show no team spirit now would it?

He was walking to the gates when he felt something.

He couldn't tell what it was but it pulled him further into the grassy outcrop of konoha.

He ran further and further until he saw a stoney clearing surrounded by trees and brush.

Such an obvious place? That was concerning.

He hid his chakra, suppressing it to that of a animals.

He crouched upon a tree branch that he camouflaged well enough into he supposed, though black would have better suited.

He watched as 5 men dressed in some sort of weird uniform, that didn't look practical at all mind you, tried to get sarada to activate her sharingan.

Probably to take them.

So bloodline thieves? Fuck.

He jumped down and silently killed one who dropped like a sack of potatoes.

4 to go, his mind supplied.

He activated his sharingan and slaughtered the rest within seconds.

Oh shoot.

He forgot to leave someone to torture for information.

Oh well.

He sheathed his katana it was bloody but he needed to see if sarada was alright.

he saw a large gashe in her forearm.

Probably the man who wielded the kusarigama's fault.

He clenched his fist.

Why was he angry? He knew distantly that he was this girls brother but he didn't even grow up with her so why the sudden protectiveness?

He took out his medical kit, he was in the process of sewing the gashe when he felt a flare of unbearably sunny chakra.
As soon as he had that thought he was being held with a kunai at his neck.
He didnt react out of pure instinct because he knew that it was the hokage.

He felt sarada tense beneath him, obviously staring straight at the nanadaime due to the way they were positioned.

"Do you mind?" Hitokori said his voice level.

He felt a shadowy presence in the near by trees.

Sasuke uchiha.

The nanadaime retreated his kunai.

"Ah sorry hitokori-chan I didn't realise It was you." He smiled bashfully and scratched behind his head.

Hitokori sighed.

And continued stitching saradas arm.

Once it was done he stood, only to be accosted by uchiha sasuke, the shadow hokage some called him.

He stared into his eyes, seemingly none plussed at the intense gaze that met his.

He nodded to the hokage.

"Do you want me to send you a report or..?" He asked unsure with the eerily quite men.

"Hitokori-chan it'd be better if you didn't, we don't want this to become a public scandal." Hitokori snorted under his breath but nodded  at the man's words.

If he was correct, wich he almost always was, he wouldn't be surprised if blondy had already told everyone and their mothers what happened.

He headed home.

Dammit it was 5am

He may aswell eat breakfas.

He made a simple tomato and carrot omelate.

Mainly because it was easy.

He poured some tea and thought about life.

He was on guard when at 9am he heard his door being knocked at.

Putting on a placid smile he opened the door. his smile faltered imperceptibly when he saw blondy, sarada,sakura and sasuke.

He raised a brow at blondy who shrugged in a motion that said

'What can you do. Y'know?'

He sighed internally and offered them to come In to which boruto decided to head to his room (hitokoris) you know the one he sleeps in but y'know weirder things have happened.

He sat across from the uchiha family, the tenseness was broken by a sigh.

"Hitokori..." sakura said, the normally level headed woman lost for words.

He understood to a point.

Like no one would want to know they essentially for all intents and purposes abandoned there son.

Atleast that was what he thought they were here for.

Sarada had obviously told them about his sharingan.

"Saying sorry won't make you feel better. But we'd like to atleast make an effort with you." Sasuke finally said.
His face was impassive but his eyes showed his grief.

"Mah, I don't really know what to say to that." Hitokori answered him.

"It's okay to be angry." Sakura said, sarada remained quite.

"I was." Hitokori answered, he watched how there faces fell but found no relish in it.

"Im not anymore, can't really be bothered to harbour hate for you." Hitokori said clinically.

"Would you come to our home for dinner tommorow?" Sakura asked hopefully.

Sasuke was waiting with bated breath though only trained eyes would be able to tell the dour faced man was nervous.

"Ye, let's try not to make this awkward." He laughed as he escorted them out of his small apartment.

He leaned against the door after he shut it.

Just then a hurtling ball of blonde came out of his room, engulfing him in a hug.

They said nothing, words were lost as boruto embraced hitokori in a well deserved hug, the other man slumping boneless into the hug.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hi hope you liked the story so far.
This is mainly a complete re write so I'll probably take months just to edit one chapter.
Have a good day.

Word count:982