Chapter 8

Jonathen sat on the rock, smiling as he wiped his tears away. Seeing Eddie eased his problems, as he got up and walked over to him and just stepped into the water and gave him a hug. Eddie was in total shock but hugged Jonathen back as he could sense there was something wrong. Jonathen looked up at him his eyes watering again. " Eddie... I messed up.. They hate me more now. I can't go back. We are supposed to protect. not hurt.. I am a failure.." He said breaking into sobs again.
             Eddie watched with wide eyes and frowned as he closed his eyes. He could relate to Jonathen. He had a very rare flash back to his memories, something which didn't usually happen since he was known to have signs of amnesia and forget his past. He took a deep breath as he felt as if his soul transported to that moment.

              ~~ He was underwater, in the capital of the Nøkken kingdom. Voices all around him screamed and cussed in Nøkken tongue, people rioted all around him loudly as drums beat in an ominous tone as soon the king came into sight. His golden yellow eyes pierced into Eddie's wood, making his mind buzz as all the sounds faded into a fuzzy beeping sound and he felt himself trembling.
              Finally as the noise came to an end, The Nøkken kind spoke in a booming voice that showed the rage he had towards the poor young Nøkken.
               "YOU HAVE DISGRACED OUR KIND! YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO CALL YOURSELF OUR SPECIES! YOU ARE A MISTAKE!" He screamed out towards Eddie making his throat clog up as guilt flooded him. "FIRST YOU BRAINWASHED MY ONLY DAUGHTER AND THEN YOU STOLE HER AND PURPOSELY BROUGHT HER TO A HUMAN VILLAGE TO HER DOOM!! YOU KILLED HER!" Vodavar cursed Eddie. "HOW DO YOU PLEAD?!"
               Eddie closed his eyes tight and held back his tears at the idea of his love and fiancé dying in front of him and in his arms. He felt as if his entire body was burning up, in and out of this flashback. "Not guilty.... I didn't kill her... I loved her... It was yo...our.... tr.....oo...p th....at....."~~
               Soon his own voice faded and he was snapped out of his flash back to Jonathen nudging him and calling his name with big worried eyes. Eddie backed up and looked at the boy with wide eyes as well. "Wh-what happened??" he said shuddering.
               "I dunno-... You just kind of zoned out but then started crying and shaking... I- didn't know what to do... You looked so miserable as if you had a bad dream-..." He said in a whimpering tone, concerned for his new friend.
             Eddie looked at him and looked away for a brief moment. He then had a funny twitch and smiled again with his normal cackle. "Silly boy, I don't know what yee speak about. I do not frown young child. He seemed as if nothing happened.
              "b-but you-.. you were-.. going on about you not doing something.. and- it seemed like a memory-"
               "NOPE! I cannot respond to that. I do not remember my past" he cackled again. "All I remember is living in this small hut under this swamp. This is all I have known silly boy. neeways. Tell me what happened" Eddie said smiling widely and patting Jonathen's head.
                "Well... It's..." He then went on about his ability and then poor Luca and everything else. His own thoughts processing what had all happened as he spoke it out loud. Just as he finished, a rustling came from some bushes before Eddie could respond. Jonathen jumped and pulled out his kunai.
                Just as Jonathen got in defense, a black and white wolf-like creature appeared from the bushes. He was too small to be a warg, but too large to be an average wolf. its bright yellow eyes, eyed Jonathen and then looked to Eddie. He then quickly morphed into a humanoid like creature. His hair was long, black, and shaggy on one side, while the other it was with and shaved partly that lead into a ponytail that hung down over his shoulder that was a combination of white and black scattered. He looked to be a young adult like Jonny with mostly human features minus gray fluffy ears on the side of his head. He then stood himself up with a serious face as he eyed over Jonathen. "Who's the guest, wood man.." he said his voice graveling into a growl as he stared at Jonathen.
              "This is my newest friend! His name is Jonathen boy, but I call him Jonny" he said smiling and tipping his hat at the wolf-like boy. "Jonny, this is Feng Jonell. He is a friend, and a pest that likes to visit me often." He said chuckling.
              "I- I'm not a pest..." he whimpered loudly and his fluffy ears drooped. "also, human boy... take his friendship seriously. He doesn't have many of them, he is a troubled hermit. take care of him" he said still pouting.
              "OH! so your nose isn't clogged anymore, you could smell Jonny was a human!" Eddie laughed again. "It was hilarious Jonny. Last time I saw him he had allergies because he tried eating a golden rod and he couldn't smell for weeks. I had to do the hunting for him" he cackled loudly.
              "OI! don't tell the lame human that!!" Feng said pouting more as he whimpered louder.
               "Oh? should I tell him how your name means dysfunctional then?" Eddie said smirking widely.
               Feng looked at him with wide eyes as he backed up with a bark like noise as he ran off, shifting to his wolf-like form again and disappearing in the brush.
               Eddie laughed and looked at Jonathen. "Sorry about that. Feng can be difficult sometimes. He is a poor orphan warg-human hybrid. Neither of his parents wanted him, So they named him Feng Jonell which means dysfunctional in Norwegian tongue. He had to struggle to learn how to deal with others." He said still chuckling.
               Jonathen just stood totally confused by the male whom acted like a puppy, and the wooden man who seemed to be insane and strange. Was this really better than facing what ever punishment the Headmaster had in mind?