24 • Shards

Chapter Song: All Around Me by Justin Bieber

I woke to the sound of a vacuum cleaner. Spencer's arm was draped over me, his chest rising and falling against my back in slow, heavy breaths.

I swallowed down the immediate panic—someone was inside the pool house, and I was literally naked. And he was naked. And oh god, there was a condom in the trash.

It wasn't a great look.

I nudged Spencer with my elbow.

He buried his face in my hair and let out a sleepy groan. How could he still be asleep?

"Spencer," I whispered. "Are you awake?"

His hand drifted to my chest, his warm palm cupping my breast. Thumb skimming my nipple. A throaty noise followed. "Good morning."

I tried to ignore how good his touch felt, focusing on the fact that someone was still inside the house. Vacuuming of all things.

The house was immaculate.

Well, the kitchen table could probably stand to be wiped down. I blame Spencer for that. The memory of last night came rushing back with a wave of heat. He'd laid me down, grabbed a chair, and kissed me from my instep all the way up my thighs and back down again.

The sound of the vacuum grew louder, and I knew whoever was out there was practically outside the bedroom door.

Spencer's hips rocked against my ass, and I felt him. Hard as hell. His hand drifted down my stomach. A warm kiss was pressed to the back of my neck.

He was so not doing this right now. "There's someone inside the house," I whispered.

His fingers inched lower. "They're cleaning. And cooking breakfast."

I gasped as the tip of his finger glided further down. "Spencer, there are people here."

"Relax, Stella. No one will bother us. I've got you all to myself." Another kiss was pressed to my neck before he nibbled on my shoulder. "We have at least thirty minutes before my parents show up, and I want to take advantage of it."

"Your parents?" I said louder. A flash of panic returning. His parents?

I was naked.

Spencer let out a chuckle. "They insisted on meeting you."

Then his finger plunged into me, and I couldn't help it. I arched my back and gasped. He knew exactly what he was doing to me.

"Oh, Stella," Spencer moaned. "You're already so wet for me."

His voice and his touch were unbuttoning my anxiety. Soft and easy. A slow build came with each little circle he traced. Right when I was on the verge of tipping over, Spencer reached into the bedside drawer, and I heard him rip open a condom and slide it on. I was buzzing with anticipation.