𝖝𝖎𝖎. BATTLE OF THE NEWBORNS

chapter 12|battle of the newborns

The day that everyone has anticipated and trained for has come.

Elio made sure that Lewis, Julian, and Silas had enough to drink blood in able for them to be stronger. Giovanni had been working out mostly, training himself alone to fight better and be stronger. He wanted to prove to Elio that he can be just as strong as him even though he wasn't a vampire like the others.

Both Julian and Giovanni were given permission by Sam to enter their side as Embry and Seth wanted to make sure that their imprints will be okay and ensure their safety that morning.

"How long will Gio and Jules are gonna be out for? We haven't got time to wait around." Lewis said as he his foot was tapping on the ground, anxiously waiting for their arrival back.

Silas glanced over to Elio, who seemed to not have paid attention to the vampire, too busy to talk over the plans with the Cullens.

"'Vonnie said they'll be here any second." And just as Silas finished talking, the front door had opened. "Told you."

Julian smiled sheepishly at Lewis, "Sorry it took long, I didn't want to leave Seth yet knowing he's gonna go up with Edward and Bella and will be out of the fight."

"Yeah, Embry wanted to make sure I would be safe and all. Gotta tell you, those wolves are really overprotective. Like scary protective." Giovanni spoke up, rubbing the back of his head as he noticed how both Embry and Seth were worried over him and Julian.

Elio snorted, "No shit Gio. We're in the natives territory, of course they're gonna be protective. I mean c'mon, if you were one of them, you'd feel the same if unwanted vampires were trespassing your land whenever and where ever, and being thrown into a battle they never asked for, but had to be in for the safety of the humans."

While Elio said that with a scoff by sarcasm, he didn't realize the words he said gave the Cullens a wake up call. Carlisle knew that asking for help would risk everyone, especially his family's safety, but the realization of putting everyone's safety thrown out into the battle whether they liked it or not, made him not appreciate how he ran things. He began to question everything he has done and what he has done for his family.

Silas let out a cough, catching the hybrids attention before glancing around the room as the vampire could practically feel the tension. Elio quickly took notice to what he had said and sputtered out a few words, "Course th─ that doesn't necessarily, you know─ mean you guys─" He sheepishly laughed. "Cause it doesn't, it absolutely doesn't."

Jasper couldn't help, but let out a small smile as he was seeing his mate become frantic over a few words. He began to send him calm waves while also rubbing the hybrids back and giving him soothing words.