ch. 17

(an excerpt of y/n's dreams)

hand in hand with the man you loved, the two of you had stopped in front of a lake.

It consisted of several beautiful Lilly pads among cattail, and your favorite, the lotus flower.

The river glistened from the moonlight giving it a rare glowing effect.

you knew this was a dream, but why were you here. what was this? and who was this mysterious boy whom you held hands with, in that exact moment you didn't dawdle too much upon it, because if there was one thing you did know it was that you weren't ready to wake up from this slumber.

everything around you was too much to ignore, it felt so delicate, like it could crumble at any given moment

If it was only a dream, then why did it feel so real?

taking a glance down you seemed to be  wearing a long and ethereal dress, it was beautiful. you looked like a princess straight out of a fairytale storybook.

feeling a gentle squeeze to your hand, you look up to see a man wearing a button down dress shirt that matched yours along with slacks that tied it all together.

but when you looked up to greet him all you saw was a blur, a blur of pale skin. Just who was this man, and why didn't you want to let him go?

"who, are you?" you spoke softly

"i'm everyone, and no one." the male answered, tilting his blurred face to the side.

"I don't understand." you spoke blankly trying to establish what was going on.

"you'll never truly understand who I am, not until you understand what you feel." the brunette male spoke raising his hand to caress her cheek.

you couldn't understand why but hot tears were slowly trickling down your face, slowly picking up their pace.

"hey don't cry, i've got you there's no need to be sad." his voice was tranquil, it was heartwarming and mellow yet raspy and small. It felt like all her problems were slowly dissolving, his voice was euphonious.

"i'm not sad, i'm sorry i don't mean to cry." you said with droopy yet glistening eyes

your desire to find out this mans identity grew stronger than ever, you knew what this was about.

who was it gonna be? Tooru or Rin in all honesty, you said you didn't know who you loved.

but your heart yearned for Suna, this was why you could never leave him.

your heart chose him, before your brain could even admit to those feelings.

looking up at the man who's arms you were in, you could finally make out a face.

the face was none other than suna rintaro just standing there with the softest smile. before he intertwined his fingers yours leaving you to awake from your slumber.

after that dream, you knew exactly who you wanted.

decided to take a stroll in the park you came across two loitering  figures, it was the two of them together, but why?

"hey" you said waving slightly

"hey" they both said in unison then grimacing at each other.

"what is this a cat fight." you laughed making fun of the show in front of you.

"actually y/n, we need to talk for a bit give us a couple of minutes." oikawa smiled sweetly at the girl

"yea okay, sure" you said suspiciously.

'this is so stupid, they're so bad at being inconspicuous. we all know they hate eachother.'

"If you won't leave her alone, why don't we see who she really wants to be with!" Is all she heard from the two followed by two angry males approaching her.

"y/n we need you to-" suna started, although this didn't go unnoticed by oikawa who watched as her eyes light up as he spoke to her. anyone would notice.

oikawa already knew who you'd choose, it was clear as day, he'd only been lying to himself. he was no longer her hero, and you were no longer his heroine. the relationship between the two of you became platonic, and neither of you wanted to admit it

before you could speak up, oikawa beat you to it "i know y/n, it's okay" the male smiled reading the expressions from your face.  it wasn't what he wanted to say but it had to be said.

He felt his emotions tug in every way, and it wasn't really the best feeling so to say but he needed to accept that, not for you but for him.

"I accept it, but I'd still like to speak to that little boyfriend of yours really quickly." oikawa smirked giving a rather sarcastic look to the male beside her before she walked away with a bittersweet feeling.

"i understand what you've done to hurt her before, and I have something to tell you." oikawa smiled somewhat sorrowfully at the boy in front of him

"try not to take what you have for granted anymore or what you have right in front of you could disappear forever. so cherish her, or I'll be there to swoop in and take her again. I promise you that. you're a lucky man suna and now that you have her, you're even luckier." oikawa sighed

this caught the other brunette by surprise, he knew what Oikawa was saying was not a bluff. but he wouldn't be too worried about that, he didn't intend on letting you go anytime soon.

"thank you Oikawa." The boy said quietly

"Yea." Oikawa said giving goodbyes to you before walking off with his hands in his pockets.

"that was eventful." suna chuckled directing his gaze toward you

"yea, now I'm tired again." you said making him sweat drop, you'd slept in till 3:00pm it was almost 5:00 in the afternoon.

suna had walked you home, and then the two of you parted ways saying nothing more than 'a be safe' and 'see you later'

edit- 2/13/22